21

One such day, it was a little early in the morning and somehow, Alina lost her sleep. She went to the garden and started to clean up the place instead of simply lying on the bed. She noticed Rob on the other end, exercising. She chose not to bug him and started watering the plants. After she was done, she sat on the grass, as if enjoying the smell of freshly watered plants. She glanced in Rob's direction and waved at him when he gestured her to join him.

'Love the smell of freshly cut grass?' he asked, still running over his treadmill.

'Yeah, isn't it blissful?'

'Can I ask you something?' Alina asked with a hopeful expression.

'Sure'

'What's the best aspect of your profession?'

'Why do you always talk about work and business?'

'It's the way I am..I guess. I want to understand the world from your perspective, I mean..from a non-common person's perspective.'

'Well...you get to travel to many many places, you explore different cultures, cuisines and you learn a lot, it may be dialects, accents, history...depending upon the requirement, but if you are interested, it provides immense exposure.

'Right!'

'And I think I mentioned this earlier, that you get to live so many lives in a single lifetime.'

'True, this world would be a dream for millions out there', Alina said while Rob took a seat next to her. 

'And does it has any dark side as well? Is there something you don't like?'

Rob's expression changed, he appeared to be hesitant.

Alina chose not to press this topic further. After a few minutes of silence, she started walking towards her room when Rob spoke.

'It's like people are always watching you, judging your every action. And it limits your circle, if you have friends outside the industry, they will chase them. The people around you would, most of the time, be talking about similar topics. You don't get to meet people, it messes up with your relationship', Rob continued at his own pace.

'It's okay sometimes, but you don't want to dress up always and pose in front of cameras, some days, you just don't want to do it, you can also have a bad day, right? It's like you have money and fame but at the cost of peace and life.'

Alina didn't know how to react. She kept staring at him while he was still lost in his thoughts.

'The line between personal and professional life gets thinner and thinner and then, fiction and reality becomes so intertwined, it frustrates you, but guess what, you cannot do anything about it.'

'You have to mingle with people you don't even know if you can call them your friends,' he looked hurt.

Alina's hand automatically reached Rob's and she squeezed his palm, but she didn't say anything. Both sat there without saying anything when Rob rose and said

'Damn it, how do you do this every time?'

'Sorry?' Alina looked puzzled.

'It's like, you make me speak out my mind, I don't talk about these with anyone but all it takes is a simple nudge from you and I just spill out everything.'

Alina was unsure how to react.

'Umm... I am sorry' she said with her head hanging low.

'It's okay Al, I can't deny that it makes me feel relaxed.'

'Rob, trust me, I would never do anything to sabotage you. I don't mention anything we discuss with anyone. I know it's difficult for you but you can open up and talk freely with me, I don't know how long would I be staying here, but I would help you in whatever capacity possible.'

'I know, it's easy to talk with you Al.' He knew he could trust her, she has kept her end of the deal and followed every word she mentioned for over two months, since the time they had first met.