You Can Come Back Home - Pt 1

Mulder began the day at work by sitting in his office flinging his pencils into the air, most ending up caught in the ceiling, but practically jumped out of his chair with suprise when the door opened and startled him.

"Morning, Scully" he said as she placed her bag onto the chair and proceeded to sit on his desk.

"Morning, Mulder" Her eyes started to wander to meet his and as Mulder was about to ask something of her, Skinner knocked on the door.

"An unexplained case for you", he placed a file on the desk, "A young boy who has been present at 3 murders, claims to have been abducted by aliens. You think you can check it out?"

Mulder's eyes widen with excitement as he hears the words alien abduction and had no hesitatation before replying to his boss. "Of course. You can count on us".

While Mulder's eyes widened, Scully's eyes rolled. She was a skeptic when it came to aliens, monsters, anything paranormal, but she always trusted Mulder. She didn't know what about him it was that made her trust him, she just did. "We won't let you, sir"

Skinner left the basement office and headed up to his own.

Mulder grabbed the case file and his coat and started to head out of the office "You go out the front and I'll meet you with a car in 10" Mulder gave Scully instructions and left to go grab a rental car.

Scully headed down to the front of the FBI Headquarters and waited on a bench for her partner in crime to pick her up.

While waiting, she noticed a strange man sitting on a water fountain watching her. No matter how much she tried to ignore him, he gave her the creeps.

After a few minutes he got up and started to wander over her way, thankfully, Mulder then pulled up and pressed the car horn, catching Scully's attention towards the car and away from the strange man. By the time she was in the car, she could no longer see the man around the area. She thought she was being paranoid, and decided to think nothing of it.

7 hours later, Scully and Mulder found themselves outside Westerville, Ohio, and just 25 minutes from their final destination, little boy's house.

"Alien abduction, a 4 year old, do you really believe it Mulder?" Scully questioned her partner. "Kids use their imagination all the time. Maybe it's just a story he made up in his mind when he was playing"

"He witnessed 3 unexplained murders, Scully. I'm pretty sure that if he was to make a story up, it wouldn't be about aliens" He replied

Mulder pulled up in front of the house "We're here"

*knocks on the front door*

A tall woman with a feather tattoo on her chest answered the door. "May I help you?"

"I'm Agent Mulder and this is Agent Scully. We're with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, may we come in?

The woman stepped aside to let the agents in and led them to the couch in the living room.

"May I offer you some tea or coffee?"

Both agents politely declined the request.

"Would it be possible to speak with your son? Please, Mrs-?" Scully paused as she forgot the woman's name

"Miss, Miss Callaghan. Of course. This is about his claims isn't it? And those murders"

"Yes" Mulder explained

"Is George in his room? May I speak with him there?" Mulder requested

"Be my guest, through the hall, second door to the left" George's mother stated. She then turned back to Agent Scully. "Are you sure I can't get you anything?"

"Go on, I'll have a coffee please, milk, 2 sugars please"

As the woman went off to the kitchen to get the beverage, Scully began looking at the pictures around the room. Something seemed familiar to her, and it didn't take her long to figure out what.