You Can Come Back Home - Pt 2

One particular picture caught her eye. It was the boy's mother on her wedding day, smiling widely at her handsome groom, although he was more creepy than handsome to Scully. That's when it clicked. The groom, presumably the boy's father, was the guy who was watching her as she waited for Mulder just a few hours ago.

She went to George's room and beckoned Mulder over to her. "Mulder, we need to go"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, can we just go please?"

"Okay, sure. I'll speak with George again later"

They made their way out of the residence and thanked the woman. Once outside, Scully practically sprinted back to the car, driver's side. When Mulder finally caught up with her, got in the car and shut the door, Scully sped off.

For a few minutes, the car ride was quiet, until Mulder decided to break the silence and question what was wrong with his partner.

"Scully, what happened back there?"

"Nothing, I'm fine"

"Really? When we got outside, you ran to the car. It's like you're scared. What's up?"

"It's nothing, but while I was waiting for you when you got the car earlier, this guy was staring at me. It was really creepy. I thought nothing of it, until I was looking at the photos in that house, and there were pictures of a man, who is presumably George's father, and it was him. The creepy guy from earlier. I don't know, I just wanted to get out of there. I'm sorry, its so stupid"

"no, it's not. It could be something Scully. Thank you for telling me"