A Delusion

I had no idea of what was happening around me, I felt like my soul had left my body and my brain turned off. I was so overwhelmed by all the stares I was getting so I ran; I ran like I was a mad person, I didn't know where I was running to but I knew what I was running from. I was still in a state of shock so I did not notice the iron pole that was in front of me and before I knew it, I was on the ground and persons were hovering over me and talking but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make out a word any of them were saying, then suddenly everything went dark.

"Selena, Selena, Selena?" I heard someone whispering my name but I could not move but managed to open my eyes a little and everything was so bright for a second then it got back normal.

"Selena are you okay?" I finally figured out who was talking to me, it was my mom.

"Mom..." I tried saying something to her but my throat felt hoarse and I needed water, so I pointed to a bottle of water, on the table behind her.

"Oh, you want water!?" my mom asked, I managed to nod my head in agreement and she got it for me immediately and started to feed me as if I was a small child.

"Thank you" I said. When I felt a little better, I started scanning the room and it looked a lot like the nurses office but to my surprise it wasn't, it was much bigger and looked a lot cleaner. I was confused so I asked my mom where we were and she said we were at the hospital.

"HOSPITAL!!" I shouted, which was followed by a hiss: my head felt like an elephant had been sitting on it. I tried to get up but my mom ordered me to rest because I was badly hurt.

"Mom what happened?"

"You were apparently running at school so fast you collided into an iron pole and fell on your head even harder, they thought they could have revived you back at the school but you were still unconscious so they decided to call an ambulance and you were taken here." I knew I was running for a reason but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't remember anything.

"How's our patient?" I heard someone say, when I looked up it was my teacher! then suddenly everything came rushing back to me like the wind. I then started to panic because I remembered what I had seen on that note Amanda had passed back to me in class, then my thought was cut off by my teacher.

"So, miss Selena, why did you run from my class like that this morning?"

"Yes, Selena what were you running from?" my mom added

"I just needed to get some air," what I told them was indeed true but I was not ready to tell them the exact reason why I ran from class like that although I had a feeling my teacher knew everything. I had no idea what my teacher was doing at the hospital with me because I knew I was not actually her favorite person and neither was she to me: my teacher and I go way back, she wasn't always this cruel to me but ever since the 8th grade she has always had it out for me and I don't know why, I try to ask her why she is so mean to me and she always behaves as if she doesn't know what I am talking about or just ignores me. My teacher, Ms. Wilson, lives to make my life a living hell, she loves to see me suffer and because of that if she is to die tomorrow I would be very happy and I mean it, she has done some really bad things to me, things that will never leave my thoughts.

"Selena, why don't you tell your mother what the real reason was or should I?" my teacher said with an amused look in her eye as if she is enjoying every moment.

"Selena, what did you do?" my mom questioned, while giving me deadly glares.

I took a deep breath and said "There are some rumors going around about me," my mom raised her eyebrows and had a furious look in her eye and for a moment, I almost started to cry but I didn't want to my teacher to see me cry, especially because she seemed to love that I was suffering. I knew that the rumor about me wasn't true but I was still afraid of what my mother would do if she didn't believe I was telling the truth.

"What are the rumors about Selena!?" my mom shouted

I hesitated, but I had to break the awkward silence in the room so I told her "Everyone thinks I'm going to be sent overseas because I had been in a relationship with one of the younger male teachers and that I was with child."

My mother seemed to calm down a bit and I was confused because isn't she supposed to be quarrelling with me or something? My teacher had that same confused look I had, then suddenly my mother got up and said "you are being sent overseas but not for messing around with a male teacher or being pregnant," she chuckled a little when she said that and I was relieved that she wasn't angry because of the rumors but on the other hand I was angry and wondering, what have I done that was so terrible that I was being sent away?

"Mrs. Alcott, if she is not being sent away because of what was being circled around the school then why are you sending her away?" my teacher questioned.

"Can I have a moment alone with Selena miss Wilson?"

"Sure" she said in a sarcastic tone, I could tell my teacher was upset because the only reason she was here was to get all the information she could to go gossiping with her colleagues. When she left, my mother closed the door so no one could hear us. My mother pulled out a weird device out of her bag and she pointed it to all the cameras in the room.

"What's that for?" I asked, with a confused look on my face.

"It's to stop the cameras, temporarily, so that no one listens in on our conversation" I started to laugh because I thought she was joking then I realized she was dead serious.

"We have to send you away because it's not safe here," mom sighed.

"What do you mean by that mom?" I said trying not to sound fearful but I failed.

"Your father is on a business trip right now but you and I have to leave America tonight."

"Where to, and why are we leaving?" but before my mom could answer any other question we heard the door nob rattling and my mother began to pack all of our things and I kept asking her what she was doing but all she said was that we should hurry because we are going to miss our flight. I was confused, my head was hurting and everything was going by so fast but when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worst the door flew open and a couple doctors were standing there but they were looking at my mother in a strange way and I was beginning to feel the fear slowly taking me over.

"Selena, run!" screamed my mom. I didn't ask why because I had never seen my mother like this so I ran, but when I looked behind me a group of people were running also and I thought they were running from something but they were running after me and I had to run even faster. I was terrified and my mom was no were in sight and I was getting tired so I decided to hide in one of the rooms and that was one of my biggest mistakes because when I went in there a tall and rough looking lady came up to me and started to choke me and we were struggling for awhile but then, I kicked her and ran to the other side of the room but she threw something at me and missed.

"Why are you doing this!?" I shouted, but she didn't answer and she had no emotion evident on her face and that made me even more terrified. She came over to where I was standing and I had no energy left to fight back, she began to pull my hair and I began to scream but then I felt something in my neck, she had injected me with something but before I could even feel the pain of the injection, my eyes began to feel heavy, my body felt like it wasn't mine and then, just like that, I was out.

I woke up, feeling like I had just died, my head felt like it was about to roll off my body and I had forgotten who I was for a few seconds. I began to come back to my senses and then I realized where I was, and what had happened to me. The night before was not just a dream. I was in a fully white room with absolutely no furniture, it was just white and the light was extremely dim, I started to call for help but no one came and I was scared and worried they had done the same thing to my mom. I then started to imagine the things they would do to me and I started to cry, because I didn't want to become a experiment or a prisoner. I was about to scream again but someone opened the door and to my shock, it was my parents, I was going to run and hug them and tell them all I had been through but then I realized that they were with the persons who had kidnapped me and they didn't look upset nor was there love or care present in their eyes and this made me uneasy, I was about to say something to them but then suddenly my mother spoke and what she said had me questioning everything... "Oh look, our little rat is awake!"