Part 3 (Let's Get Rolling)

Word Count: 510

Warnings: none!

Steve walked into the house and like Bucky had done, he immediately went to (Y/N) first. He smiled down softly at her for a moment. Even though it had almost been a year, he still felt that first glance feeling each time he looked at her. She made him feel grounded and knowing that she was safe relieved some of the pressure that was forming on his chest. 

He turned and faced Bucky. He crossed his arms and gave him a very disapproving look. 
"Buck-"

"Steve do you really think I'd just sit and listen to Tony yap on while she's here by herself?"  

Steve sighed and put his hand on Bucky's shoulder. "No. I just wish you would have said something before storming out. You also missed some more information that was delivered, but I can brief you on that later," 
(Y/N) cleared her throat and Steve glanced at her again. 
"Yes?" He tried to sound as if he had no idea what she was asking about, but actually he did know. 

"You'll brief him later? Steve, we could all sit down and you could fill me in too. It's my safety, I'd like to be involved in everything." 

"I know. I know- it's just, this is… these people are something that I never wanted you to get involved with. We didn't tell you the day it happened because- well, so much happened that day," he chuckled quietly and then got back to the point. "He was so inexperienced that we turned a blind eye to him. Someone let him escape and he probably told them everything about you. You being Bucky's soulmate, and mine, it's a very dangerous thing and I know that you know that," he took her hand and planted a gentle kiss on her knuckles. "I also know that's a fear that you struggled with and we both feel so guilty that a fear like that would come true. We were also naive and hopeful, but sweetheart, we are going to do everything to keep you safe. You do deserve to know about everything, and I will tell you anything you want to know."

(Y/N) wrapped her fingers with his and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "Thank you. I'm going to do everything to keep myself safe. I want to get this dealt with quickly. We just moved in this house, and gosh darn it I'm not done putting fake plants in every single room." 

Steve and Bucky couldn't help but crack smiles at your priorities. They didn't mind the fake plants though. Steve did prefer to take care of real ones. He was the one with a green thumb. Bucky did better with fake plants.
"I'd feel better if we were all at the compound tonight, is that alright?" Steve asked as he looked at her for approval. 

"That's fine with me. I have a go bag all packed, I'll go and grab it. Let's get rolling and let's hope that Tony will let us sleep at a decent hour."