Part 2 (Safety Check)

Bucky moved over to (Y/N) and wrapped his arms around her. He drew her close to him and rested his head on her shoulder. He held onto her tightly just to ease his mind. As soon as he heard about the escape his thoughts became flooded with her safety. 

(Y/N) started to play with his hair absentmindedly as he held onto her. It kept her calm and she knew that he liked it too. 
"I'm assuming that knife man is worse news than I thought?" 
Bucky let her go and went to go lean on the kitchen counter. He took a breath and gripped the counter so hard that (Y/N) was afraid he might put a crack in it. 
"Hey," she said gently. "Whatever it is, we'll be alright." 
Bucky loosened his grip on the counter. 
"He's Hydra." 
"Oh shit. Oh yeah, that's bad." 
(Y/N) sat at the table again and drummed on it nervously. Bucky moved away from the counter and sat in the chair next to her. He took her hand into his own and ran over where his name was on her wrist with his thumb.
"We'll be alright." He still looked stressed, but hearing him repeat what she had told him calmed her down again. 

"Is there anything else going on? What do we know?"
Bucky shrugged, he looked nervous. He looked guilty of something. "I'm- well- well, I don't really know."
(Y/N) could read him too well. He was hiding something and she knew what it was. 

"Bucky," she began in an accusatory tone. "Did you just storm out without an explanation?" 
He threw his hands up in the air in defence. "Hey, doll, listen I was worried." His hands came back down and found her own agajn. "I couldn't stay there and know that you were here alone. I know that you can defend yourself, but I don't want you to have to go through anything alone." 

(Y/N) sighed and thought back to that night after the whole dumpster fall situation. 
"Sometimes you won't be by my side, and that will never be your fault if that happens. If it makes you feel better I can start coming in with you and Steve. Tony and Bruce have me doing work from home but I'm sure I'll have more to do over there." 
Bucky smiled as he leaned over to kiss her forehead. "Y'know that was Steve who brought that up, I never said I'd leave your side. I'll always be here if you need me, doll."
"I know you will." Those words fell from her lips and there was confidence behind each one. She trusted her life with both of her soulmates. Steve and Bucky would always do their best for her, and their best was superhuman to say the least. 
"Speaking of Steve," she got up and looked out the window to see him pull into the driveway. "I knew he'd be right behind you. He's going to lecture you so hard. Ha, it's not me this time." 
Bucky walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I forgot to tell you that you left the door unlocked." 
She leaned her head back to look at him. She furrowed her brow and looked at him in disbelief. "You wouldn't dare tell him, would you? This is going to turn into a thirty minute lecture instead of a ten minute lecture. Buck, I love the man, I do, and you do too, but I don't love his lessons. It's like he's Danny Tanner and we're Joey and Jesse." 
"Doll, I love you and your amazing mind, but please never use that analogy to describe us again."
"Yeah I really should have thought about that one more."