Chapter 28

Sunday morning, Akshi called Grace downstairs. She had set the breakfast table. As usual, her mother ignored Grace. Ever since she moved in, she had never once spoken to her. She behaved as if Grace was invisible.

"Come have breakfast!", Akshi asked Grace. "When you come back, we won't be here. Let's have a meal together. Our first and last meal together"

Grace smiled. Then she sat. Akshi sat in front of her.

"Tastes good", said Grace, after taking a bite. "I was craving home-made food. It's spicy. Totally my style."

"You are insane", said Akshi. "Don't get mistaken that I like you. I don't like you. I can't like you."

"You are not sane either. I don't like you too but your food is good. I think he really... really loves me. Even though your food is this tasty, he never had breakfast from home.... and he gladly had my bland, tasteless sandwiches", she said. Akshi grinned.

"What a loyal man you found", she said.

"Forget me and live happily! I won't apologize for snatching away your man as you two weren't living happily, to begin with. I just wish that you'd live happily... and peacefully for the rest of your life. I mean it", said Grace.

"I put a curse on you two. Try to lift it", said Akshi. Grace smiled.

"I'm going back in the evening", she said. After breakfast, she left. She had her Sunday morning class. Nelith stayed to help them move out. He promised to pick her from the class at twelve.

*****************************************************

The whole week, Rishy had been wondering upon her own conduct. Losing Grace's company had stolen her appetite and sleep. She knew that even after going through several break-ups she had never been this miserable. That Sunday she was waiting to see Grace with a plan in her mind. The whole morning, she observed Grace. When the class was over, Grace went to the bathroom. Her bag was left unguarded on her desk. Rishy quickly checked her phone and found Nelith's number.

"Let's talk", she said when Grace came out.

"Talk about what?", asked Grace, in an irritated tone. Rishy dialed his number, noticed that he answered the call, and left it as it was so that he would hear their conversation.

"Are you still seeing Mr. Nelith? Your revenge is still not completed? Until when are you going to get involved in this disgusting scandal? How embarrassing! Do you not consider your dignity at all? Just what in the world is going on?", she asked.

"He is going to get divorced", said Grace.

"So aren't you satisfied now?", asked Rishy. "You just wanted to seduce him and avenge her. Now it is done. Just end it. Aren't you even tired of acting? Break up with him and throw him away like trash, as you had always planned. If you have successfully destroyed that family, just get away from them."

Grace frowned.

"You told me that it was just a game. You never loved him. You just wanted to hurt his wife", said Rishy, viciously.

"Yes", said Grace. The moment that word slipped out of her mouth Rishy disconnected the call. "That's what I said, but I changed my mind."

"Changed your mind? Did you fall in love with him, for real?", Rishy asked.

"I don't know why am I even talking to you, but yes, I love him", said Grace.

"Does he know that you had planned to deceive him?", asked Rishy. Grace frowned.