7. 'Cause if you're down, I'll take it slow

'Grips on your waist
Front way, back way
You know that I don't play
___________________
Song Recommendations:
*** Mutual - Jacob Latimore
**** I'm Ready For You - Bryson Tiller
___________________

It was Monday night at the research lab. Y/N had been excused from attending today because she wanted to study more for her midterm since her cell biology lab went a little longer than expected. Unfortunately, Eren was still forced to come in—research just wasn't the same without Y/N. He was pipetting samples into smaller containers for tomorrow's lab when his thoughts wandered. Y/N just made research much more bearable, fun even—time just went by faster. Eren enjoyed being around her so much. He's fallen so hard for her and every day he wishes he could call her his. He's learned so much about her and everything just gave him another reason to like her. She really was different than any girl he had ever hooked up with. He knew Y/N was starting to feel something towards him because of how close they've gotten. When they weren't together, their text conversations would make up for their lost time. Last Friday's events were still fresh in his mind when she fell asleep on him and cuddled into him. Just seeing her asleep on him while she was wearing his hoodie did things to his head. Eren was pulled out of his thoughts when Zeke tried getting his attention.

"Well, little bro, it looks like Galliard dropped the class—I just got an email."

Eren looked up at Zeke and dropped whatever he was doing, "Are you serious?"

"Yup, he finally realized that there was no way he could pull up his grade, especially with the big lab that starts tomorrow."

"As happy as I am that Galliard's gone... What's Y/N going to do, you don't expect her to do that entire lab by herself, right?"

"I mean, she is more than capable—she's a part of research and the top of the class-"

"She can't do that entire experiment by herself, Zeke!! You and I both know how long each part of that lab takes!!"

Zeke smirked at Eren's outburst, "If you're so worried about Y/N, then why don't you help her?"

Eren glared at Zeke, "How can I? I have to babysit the other students, what time does that give me to help her during lab?"

"I'll let it overlap with research hours. With Y/N on board with research, the study has been able to progress at a faster rate."

"So you're saying that she can work at her own pace."

"Is that what I said? You two will still be coming in during spring break."

"You're an asshole," Eren said as he went back to work.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow after the lab quiz—better for the Professor to bring it up, right?"

Eren just rolled his eyes. He was conflicted over the entire situation. He was happy that Porco was finally out of the class so he couldn't cause any more trouble, but he felt bad that Y/N would be alone now. If Zeke said that he could help her, then, of course, he was going to take that chance—he wasn't going to let Y/N suffer by herself. Eren was grabbing for the next tube when he heard his phone vibrate. He put the tube and pipette down and grabbed his phone. He smiled when he saw he got a text from Y/N.

Beautiful girl 💋

Hi 🤗

sexy research partner 😘

Hey beautiful 🥰

Beautiful girl 💋