Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Home is Where Ever You Are

"Welcome to this place

I'll show you everything "

Creed- With Arms Wide Open

It was bittersweet to be leaving Paris, but I knew we needed to get home. The trip home was easy and soon we were pulling into the Cullen's driveway. Edward came around to open my door for me and laced our fingers together.

Upon entering we were greeted by Esme and Carlisle, they informed us that everyone else had not quite made it back yet.

"Bella are you hungry? I made you a late lunch Edward mentioned your appetite returned" Esme said.

"Yes, lunch sounds wonderful" I smiled at her and followed her into the kitchen while Edward and Carlisle started talking about the other coven's.

"How was your stay in Paris?" Esme asked as she started to fix me a plate, she made lasagna and home-made garlic bread. My stomach growled in anticipation as she placed the plate in front of me.

"It was so lovely" I said "I only wish we could have stayed longer"

"I am glad you had a great time" Esme smiled then moved to the cabinet taking down a glass. "What would you like to drink?"

"Water is fine" I replied, and she zipped over setting the water next to my plate.

"Thank you. This is so delicious" I said munching on a piece of crispy garlic bread it also had cheese on it. Nothing could ever be better than cheese, garlic, and bread.

"Oh, thank you!"

Esme really seemed to enjoy when I was around, I think she liked the excuse to cook. She also made me apple pie which she served up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The warm pie and the sweet ice cream were the perfect combination. Once I promised Esme, I was absolutely full but would let her know as soon as I was hungry- she smiled and started washing the dishes.

We continued talking while I finished drinking another glass of water. I was hoping to get a look at the baby. We both rejoined Edward and Carlisle in the living.

Edward moved to my side instantly and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Good lunch?"

"The best" I leaned up placing a kiss against his cheek then turned to look over at Carlisle.

"Carlisle can we try to look at the baby?" I asked excitedly

"Sure" he chuckled "I was able to acquire an ultrasound machine while you were away".

"Wonderful!" I cheered, Edward chuckled lowly and took my hand as we followed Carlisle downstairs.

Edward picked me up and placed me on the exam table as Carlisle turned off the lights and started the machine. I laid back and pulled my striped shirt up so my round belly was showing.

"Alright let's see if we can get a look at the baby" Carlisle squeezed some gel onto my belly then used the transducer to spread the gel around. I held my breath as he moved around a few times pressing into my stomach slightly. Then suddenly on the screen appeared the image of our baby.

"Oh wow" I breathed turning my head more so I could see better. The baby was moving around quite a bit, one of the arms stretched up briefly before moving to touch the side of their face. I could see the heart fluttering quickly in their little chest. My vision started to blur as I squeezed Edward's hand tightly.

He leaned down kissing the top of my head "I was right love" he said lowly.

I pried my eyes from the screen and looked up at him with wide eyes "Really?!".