Belphie x Reader💜

Today was a long day. I shut my door behind me and let my bag drop on the floor, and myself limply onto my bed. After a few tries to get to the right temperature--taking the blanket on and off numerous times--I groaned from frustration and buried my head in my pillow.

Beside me, someone snuggled under my blankets and rested their head in the crook of my neck. I shot up to see who it was. "Eh?!" I stared down at Belphie, sleepily grasping for me to lie back down. My voice was laced with exhaustion. "B-Belphie, you could've knocked maybe?"

"Yeah, maybe." His voice was partly muffled from his pillow. I felt my heart stop at such a cute sight- "Can we keep cuddling? Don't leave yet."

Hiding my heated face with the back of my hand, I muttered a low "fine" and nuzzled into his chest.

Even though he seemed so calm, his heart rate was ecstatic. Could it be because of...? Hah! What am I thinking, of course I didn't make his heart race. It's not like this demon likes me back. This guy could kill me, so why do I like him? I listened to the fluttering beats until concern overthrew me.

Gently, I poked his cheek. "Hey, are you okay? Your heart's beating really fast."

Suddenly, a low chuckle shook through him. His cheeks seemed to be dusted with a faint pink. "Speak for yourself! But the sound of your heart is calming. I wonder..."

Before I could react, Belphie pressed his lips against my neck. I didn't say anything, worried I'd just be a stuttering mess. Plus, I didn't want to blush even more. If that were possible.

"Hehe, cute. G'night, y/n." Belphie laid back onto his pillow as his eyes shut.

I hesitated before saying what he had said, "I wonder...," and then placing a kiss right on his lips. He didn't stir. Was he asleep?! My hands shook, covering my burning red face.

"What was that?" His eyes were now open wide.

"U-um, a... kiss...?" Stupid stuttering!

He just stared at me, then blinked slowly. I blinked back. "Do it again."

Now, without any pause at all, with my forehead against his, I pressed a more passionate kiss onto his lips.

We cuddled like that for the rest of the night. But I couldn't sleep, because I had just lived through something better than a dream.