Part two A : Benefits of knowing Jesus

Knowing Jesus is the best thing that could ever happen to anyone. But a lot of times, people don't know what Christ can do for them and what it truly means to be rooted in Him.

 Let's read a scripture that is known by most of us. Turn with me to the book of Colossians.
-"To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."
— Col 1:27 (NKJV)

 What is this hope of glory that we do carry as people who believe in Christ? Our lives should make unbelievers want to come to Christ.
But when we walk around without knowing who we are in Christ, we make it hard even for non-believers to want any association with Him.

- There has never been a generation that has been given the detailed understanding of this glorious and divine mystery until now. He kept it a secret until this generation. God is revealing it only now to his sacred apostles and prophets by the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 3:5 TPT

Paul, describes how God started to reveal the wonderful mystery of Christ. At this point, he was in prison, writing to the church in Ephesus.
He was making a comparison between the generation of the old time prophets, and his time.
 So he says, "He Kept it a secret until this generation." You would wonder. Why did God wait this long before he could start sharing this wonderful mystery? I'll share in a few seconds.

 For now, let's look at the mystery.

Here's the secret: The gospel of grace has made you, non-Jewish believers, into coheirs of his promise through your union with him. And you have now become members of his body—one with the Anointed One!
Ephesians 3:6 TPT

I want to share just one benefit of knowing Christ.

 We are co-heirs with Christ Jesus

What does this mean? It means, everything that belongs to Jesus Christ our lord and savior, belongs to us also.
It means, the same way that God  treats His Son, is the exact way that God treats us.
It also means, we share the exact life that is in Jesus. Where there is no shame. No defeat. No lack. But only power. Excellence. And might.
Its important to know these things. When we pray with this knowledge, we start to relate with God better.

Now I did say that I would answer the question I asked earlier.  The answer is simple. Jesus hadn't yet been revealed in the way that He was revealed in Paul's time.

- This perfectly wise plan was destined from eternal ages and fulfilled completely in our Lord Jesus Christ, so that now
Ephesians 3:11 TPT

The answer to our question is in the very text above. What a great time to be alive!
In the next chapter, we'll learn one other benefit. And see how beautiful it is to be rooted in Christ Jesus.

 In the name of Jesus Christ, Everlasting Father we thank you. We glorify your name. Lord, you are so wonderful. Father, may you reveal the wonderful mysteries of the Kingdom. May we come to the knowledge of your person. May we experience the wisdom that is found in Christ Jesus. Lord, may you help us to walk in the truth of your word. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen