Branded by the Holy Spirit

There is only so much the word of God has to say about our relationship with the Holy Spirit as believers. The more we learn, the better is our  fellowship with Him.

-And do not make the Holy Spirit sad. The Spirit is God's proof that you belong to him. God gave you the Spirit to show that God will make you free when the final day comes.
Ephesians 4:30 NCV

 We are branded by the Holy Spirit

Let's point out a few things from the above Scripture. The bible says, "And do not make the Holy Spirit sad." The Holy Spirit is the most intimate part of our lives. He is very sensitive. There is no part in the bible where we are told not to make Jesus sad, but about the Holy Spirit, it is said, that we shouldn't "grieve" Him as the KJV puts it.

If the Holy Spirit is so sensitive. We ought to be sensitive enough as well in order to accommodate Him well. Let's read the same Scripture from a different version and compare the translations.

-And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.
Ephesians 4:30 NLT

 The bible says, "And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live."
 So now, we have an idea of how we can accommodate the Holy Spirit. Because we know, we ought to give our lives to Him over and over again everyday. Let's look at a totally different scripture but about the Holy Spirit still.

- Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.
Galatians 5:25 NLT

 The question I might pose is, how then do we live life if the Holy Spirit is so sensitive to pain, sorrow and easily gets sad?  The above Scripture answers the question. We need to follow. If we are following, it means that someone's leading the way. The Holy Spirit leads the way and He takes pride in leading us everyday. We only have to be submissive to Him.

Let's now return to our main Scripture. What does it mean to be branded by the Holy Spirit?  In the first Scripture we read, the bible says, "The Spirit is God's proof that you belong to Him." 

Have you ever seen how many products are branded by different companies? What all those companies have in common is the loyalty that will do anything to protect their brands.
For instance, Nike will go extra miles to protect their shoes, clothes and everything associated with that particular brand.

In the Spiritual world, where we live as believers, the HOLY SPIRIT is the brand on us. And because we are branded by Him, God will do anything to protect us and ensure everything about us is fine. The minute we are branded, Heaven records it.  The branding of the Holy Spirit in our lives marks our belonging to the Kingdom of God. That's what shows that we have been truly saved.

 Knowing this, how we live matters. Its no longer about our very lives anymore. Because our lives belong to the Holy Spirit. Let's say this together: I belong to the Holy Spirit. This body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Everlasting Father, we thank you. Lord, we acknowledge you. We bless your name. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for branding us with your Holy Spirit. May you help us to walk in all fullness of your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen