Chapter two: Outpost rules

"Get up!" Ms. Venable commanded. I obeyed and asked, "Where are we? What is this place?" She narrowed her eyes as if she secretly knew I had to know the answer.

"We're at an outpost. Outpost 3, to be precise." "An outpost? But why?" This couldn't bode well. "Two weeks ago, the world was set on fire. The apocalypse came and destroyed almost everything. Only selected people with a ticket made it here to Outpost 3." "So I have a ticket? I don't remember anything, but what I do know is that I'm not a rich person. How would I be able to afford a ticket?" Ms. Venable gave me a scowl. "It doesn't matter now. You have a ticket to be a Grey, so you are meant to live." "Sorry ... Um, I mean, excuse me, but what is a Grey?" I was so confused. What the hell was she talking about?

"This outpost is divided into two groups: The Purples are the elite, the worthy, and the Greys serve them." "So, the rich people and their slaves." I muttered. "What was that?" Ms. Venable poked her cane on the floor. "You should be grateful to be here. We could have kicked you out and fed you to all the left contaminated and hungry people outside. After all, you were unconscious for two weeks. "I nodded. She was right. I should be thankful to be alive if there really was an apocalypse. "Did you say something? At least a little thank you would be appropriated, don't you think?" "Thank you," I replied. She looked at me with an evil gaze. Immediately, I knew what she wanted to hear. "I mean, thank you, Ms. Venable." She nodded and then signaled me to follow her.

As we left the room, I saw a large hallway, but still no windows, probably because we were below the earth. Ms. Venable walked right in front of me and explained the rules on this outpost. "The house rules are simple. You may never leave the building. As a Grey, you clean the dishes, wipe the floor, and wash our clothes. There are many more tasks you must do, but the other Grays will explain it to you. Do you understand?" I nod. "And no unauthorized copulation of any kind, under any circumstances. No exceptions." She looked straight into my soul. Oh gurl, it's not that I planned to be a whore in here.

"Anyquestions?" she asked, "Yes, are you a purple?" Wow, what astupid question, y/n. Of course she wasn't a gray. "I'm in charge here. And maybe you areblind or just plainly stupid, but I don't think I'm dressed in purpletoday." "No, ma'am." Ireplied. "Again. You only address me as Ms. Venable. I don't want torepeat myself again. If you don't follow the rules, you will be punished."

Punished? What's wrong with that chick? Excuse me, woman... I mean Ms. Venable.Calm down y/n, she can't read your mind. At least, I hope so.