1.The Beginning

Chapter 1.
The Beginning

~It's like a spotlight is on me.
But you're the only one watching~

I stride into the great hall, on my fathers heels like a puppy. My blue cloak floats effortlessly out behind me, it's gold shimmers laced in it gleam on the already illuminated floor.

My eyes scan the room as my father opens the wide oak gates, stepping inside with his chin held high in the air. I see guards lined up, spears at their sides with hands that have grips of steel.

The great hall could fit a whole city in it. Chandeliers litter the ceilings, lighting everything up on this dark and stormy night.

Red and gold and white. The only colours that seemed to be allowed in this room.
Royalty.

What did i expect coming here?

We walk further up, flickers of moments from the journey here fill my brain as i look around and at the back of my fathers head.

Don't mess this up Alicia or you would have failed me.
You would have failed me.
Failed me.
Failed.

My fathers words repeat in my head over and over as we make our way up to the end of the hall. It feels like a whole marching band is playing inside my chest. My breathing then comes to a halt as my father stops quickly.

His long red cape slowly falls down to the floor after an abrupt pause and it comes fluttering down behind him making me step to the side.

And this is when i realise where i am.

A tall throne stands in front of me and sitting in that throne is Odin, the king of Asgard. His royal outfit is threatening and his manner even more. He smiles broadly at us, his arms resting on the sides of the throne. He sits there holding a golden spear in his hand almost wanting to show us his status.

8 People stand beside him and i look at them all as my father kneels down in front of Odin to show him his respect. I see a blonde haired one, his eyes as bright blue as the sky and a lady by Odin's side, her hand now on his shoulder proudly.
She must be the Queen of Asgard.

I see a few others, a girl with shiny armour on, another blonde and a tall ginger man. Then i see a long dark haired boy who looks like he would rather be anywhere else but right here.

My eyes get averted from him as my father turns round to face me.

"This is Alicia, My first born" He says as he rests his hand on my shoulder and nods at me to curtesy. As i do, i feel everyone's eyes on me watching carefully.

"It's an honour to meet you" I say as i come back up, my smile wide and almost fake. In the corner of my eye i see the dark haired boy roll his eyes and i turn my head to face him, my wide grin now falters a little.

He raises his eyebrows and turns away like he couldn't give a damn about it. I turn back to Odin and my father, my smile now widens again pretending that didn't just happen.

"It's so nice of you to let us stay here for a while, i think Alicia and I need a change of scene from Vinciana and this is the perfect place" My father announces and Odin nods proudly. The blonde haired one smiles at me as i look at him, I smile back faintly.

"I'm sure you will love it here" Frigga says and we nod gratefully at her.
"We should show you around" Odin says and my father agrees and then he grabs my arm leading me away with Odin and Frigga as they get ready to show us around.

But as we're leaving i give one more glance at the dark haired boy. He's now suppressing a smirk and my brow creases. What could be so amusing?

As i'm lead away all i can think about is how i know i'm not going to enjoy it here.

Especially with him around.