2.The Tradition

Chapter 2:
The Tradition

~a princess is almost never happy~

The doors swing open to reveal a gigantic hall filled with golden chandeliers. It's even bigger then the one we walked into this morning.

We've spent the whole day walking around this palace and we haven't even finished yet. This "tour" has consisted of Odin and my father striding ahead of me with their capes wiping out behind them and me like a little stray dog following them. I've greeted people as they pass and given them my best smile whilst enduring this torturous tour.

Don't get me wrong this place is magical. As magical as the next palace and realm but my feet are killing me and i'm sick of hearing about gods and looking at endless naked portraits of them.

Yet now we have walked into this massive hall, my heart almost stops at the beauty of it. Light floods it's features and it's like time just stops because this room is bigger than time, more extravagant than time. My jaw drops and my feet come to a halt.

I can already imagine dancing in here with a handsome prin-

"Alicia are you listening?" My father asks me and he's staring at me, his green eyes wide and his brow in a furrow.

"Oh yes i was just admiring this room" i say casually and i can see Odin smiling behind my father. My thoughts and the rest of my excuse as to why i wasn't listening are cut off as i see a figure in front of me.

He's standing in the frame of a doorway about 20ft in front of us. His tall and dominant body leans against the side and his hand grips onto the top of the frame. The door is a normal sized door compared to the rest of the massive doors in this place but it somehow makes him look bigger.

The dark haired boy smirks at us but doesn't move from his position. Odin turns round and spots him.
"Ah my son, you've come to join us i see" Odin says enthusiastically.
"Yes father i came to see how everything was getting on" The dark haired boy who i now know as Odin's son says poshly and as he does he turns to smile (fakely) at me, his body language suggesting he probably knows what torture i've been through with this tour.
And i just hate him for that.

"Ah Loki that's very kind of you, would you like to join us for the rest of it?" Odin asks.

So Loki is his name. I'm surprised i didn't know that already. Father told me he would tell me everything there was to know about their family but he never got round to it and i never asked.

"Oh no i think i'm going to get ready for the ball tonight." Loki says and then he suddenly disappears with a small wave and another smug smirk at me.

There's a ball tonight?

"Oh is that the time? We better show you your rooms" Odin exclaims and rushes us out of the hall leaving us to follow.
I almost sigh with relief, i don't think i could've taken much more.

As we're leaving the hall, i start to see people with trays and chairs and tables bustling into the hall through the other doors. I then leave through the main oak door, yet again trailing along.

***

I lean on the silver mirror, my hands gripping onto the sides tightly, in agony.