3

Inside the changing room, Zach sat awkwardly on a small stool, diaper in his lap. Dale was watching him expectantly, a hint of confusion in his expression. Zach cleared his throat,

"Erm...they said you had to wear this..." He showed the cub the diaper. Dale stared at it.

"Yeah, I had to last time I came here." The cub shrugged like it was no big deal. Zach let out a sigh of relief, glad that Dale wasn't throwing a fit about it. 

"Do you, um...know how to put it on?" He asked. Dale shook his head. The two sat there for a couple of moments, staring at each other. Zach could see the impatience in the younger mammal's eyes and finally sighed, standing up.

"Pull them down."

Dale obeyed and sat down on the floor.

"Uh, can you turn around?" Zach muttered. The polar bear didn't object and turned around so that his back was facing the deer.  After a couple of moments of grimacing, stretching, almost ripping, and groaning inwardly, Zach finished up, and Dale was standing in front of him, full dressed once more, with a bulge in his pants. 

"Alright, now..." Zach rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Go on and play or something..." 

Dale gave him a big smile and hugged Zach's legs. 

"Thanks!" He mumbled through the material of Zach's pants. Zach gave a small, awkward laugh, and then stepped backwards. Dale grinned again and then rushed out of the small room. The deer fell with a sigh onto the padded bench, mind racing with what he'd just experienced. He feared he'd never sleep again. Just as he was about to leave, he noticed something beside him. They must've given them an extra because a second diaper lay on the seat next to him. Zach considered just getting up and walking away, but something held him back. He looked at the diaper, and then picked it up, fingering it. The material was light, fluffy, and thick. He wondered for a second how it felt to wear one, but then looked away. That was a weird thought. Still, his thoughts drifted, and weird thoughts came to him at that time.

Zach was broken out of his thoughts when suddenly the curtain that served as a door swished open, and a female tiger, followed by a small white goat with brown spots entered. The tiger froze when she saw Zach, and the deer immediately shoved the diaper into his pocket, but not without her noticing. She eyed him with curiosity and interest.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know anyone was using this room," she explained, turning to leave. Zach quickly stood, stammering,

"S-sorry, no, no, I'm not. Go ahead." Murmuring more apologies, he slunk through the curtains, as the tiger's gaze continued to follow him out. 

"Man, that was creepy..." Zach muttered and shivered, as the feeling of the diaper in his pocket sent a chill down his back. He headed for the front desk, ready to leave; he'd text his mother that Dale was there. Just when he was opening the door to exit, the moose called out,

"Hey, where are you going?" 

Zach turned on his heel. 

"Uh, I'm leaving. The kid's mom's coming to pick him up later," he explained. The moose shuffled the papers on her desk and peered at them.

"Erm, no you're not leaving. See, right here you checked the 'personal supervision' box." She pointed at a spot on the paper. Zach came a bit closer and stared at it. Good grief, he had checked that box.

"Oh, god..." Zach rubbed his temples with his hoof. The moose gave him a sympathetic look but pointed back to the main play area. Shoulders hunched, the humiliated deer slunk back towards the colored, padded benches that overlooked the young mammals playing on the structures. 

He sat down on one, and toyed with the item in his pocket, watching the cubs and pups entertaining themselves. Most of them filled a large play structure that towered all the way to the ceiling and displayed multiple large slides that led into a ball, or foam pits. At one point, Zach spotted Dale at the top of a foam castle displayed to resemble a castle. The polar bear caught Zach's gaze and threw up his arm in a big wave. Zach gave a small smile and a tiny wave. Grinning, Dale disappeared into the labyrinth of tunnels.

Zach pulled out his phone and tapped away, texting his mom that Dale was ready to be picked up anytime. She didn't reply, but he didn't mind. His mind drifted, and slowly the deer put his head down on the bench, exhausted already from the day's events. He fell asleep with the gaze of the female tiger fixed on him.