Chapter 21

Dareth kicks Kozu out of his dojo.

"Heh, I told you they'd do it," Dareth says.

"Oh, is it the Ninja?" Edna asks.

"It must be," Lou says.

"The Ninja have won?"

"Haha, we're saved!"

"About time."

"Now to get this place back in order."

Kozu laughs as the Garmatron appears from a beam of light.

"What the..." Dareth says. "What is that?" He asks as everyone but him runs away. "Oh. All right. You will have until the count of three to leave here before I unleash the power of one, hee-yah! The Dragon. Two, Penguin," He imitates a penguin.

The Overlord aims his cannons at Dareth.

"Two and a half..."

"Three," The Overlord counts and fires as Dareth screams.

"Haha, you missed," Dareth says as the Overlord aims at Dareth again. "Oh, no!" He screams as he takes cover behind a building. "We shall meet again. This I swear! Where are those ninjas?"

"Can I still fight?" Lloyd asks as Dr. Julien bandages his leg.

"Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal," Julien says.

"But we don't have weeks," Lloyd said before he grunted from the pain.

"The battle between good and evil will be decided today," Wu says.

"And we can't even get to the fight," Kai says angrily. "Much less get off this island.," He says, throwing a rock into the water as it skipped.

Jay sighs. "I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again."

"Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now," Zane says.

"But I don't remember my father any other way," Lloyd says, clinging to Y/n for support as she pecks his cheek.

"Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him," Misako said.

"Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green and Purple Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?" Kai asks.

"I... don't know," Wu replies.

"Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!" Jay says.

"There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something," Kai says.

"For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won."

"Then this lesson sucks," Y/n says as she sits on the sand.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good," Lloyd said. "When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit."

"Look at that," Y/n teases. "Lloyd can be a Sensei in the future," She jokes as they share a brief laugh.

"He's right. If that means we have to swim the sea to get off this island, then so be it," Kai said as he got into the ocean.