Chapter 3

***Taissa's pov***

I washed my face to get myself out of dream mode. My head kept repeating the same moment from last week over and over and over again.

I can't believe the door opened like that.

What the fuck.

I felt like such an inturder and I haven't shown my face to Evan or Emma since then. Im so embarressing! They probably think of me as a eavesdropper -as my job-. I feel like such an asshole, ugh.

I brushed my teeth and gurggled the water from my cup. My phone vibrated and I looked over it. It was a text.

From Evan.

"Good Morning"

I blushed, still while brushing my teeth. Wow I'm weird.

I gurggled one more time and typed back.

"Hey"

I rolled my eyes. He gives me a Good Morning while I just say Hey? I sound so careless- is this bad. Should I even be worrying?

I added

"Whats up"

Ew what a way to start out a conversation. I sound so plain. Bleh.

"Nothin, just eager to be on the set today 👊"

I smiled. He's happy. And I'm happy he's coming.

"I'm so exciteddddd"

"Hey, wanna grab some breakfast at the deli?"

"Sure"

"Pick u up at 6:45?"

"Awesome"

"See ya"

"Peace!"

I blushed real red. Which was weird because I always used to eat out with him. But plans like these haven't happened in a while.

I honestly tried to look my casual best. But the clock was ticking.

6:30

I rushed my hair and dug through my wardrobe.

Sweater or jacket? Sweater!
Combat Boots or Uggs? Coverse!
Sweat pants or leggings?! Leggings!
Pony Tail or-

I heard flicks out my window. It sounded like small rocks hitting my window pane. I opened the curtain in curiosity.

Evan was leaning against his car with a handful of pebbles in his hand.

"Hurry!" He smiled, yelling up to me.

I smiled back.

I ran down, snatching my phone and bag, taking a beanie and pair of sunglasses.

I opened the door to Evan's crooked smile.

"Hey Tai"

"Hey!" He put his arm around me and walked me to his car, opening the door.

I blushed. The car ride was pretty quiet and awkward, but I knew he wasn't mad or anything.

Yet again.

I knew something was up.

We arrived at the deli and I could tell some people were staring at us, but some didn't notice Evan or me at all.

Evan ordered for me.

"Hey-"

"Shh, I know what you want."

I looked at the register and it has the order I was planning to get.

I chuckled. "Wow you know me."

He giggled. Evan took the sandwhiches and even payed for me. Emma's so lucky to have such a gentlemen as a partner.

We sat down and opened the foil. He took a bite and looked outside the gigantic window. He looked pretty hungry.

"Evan?"

He suddenly shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts. "Y-yeah?"

"Is Emma okay with this...?"

"With what?"

"With you hanging with another girl. I mean- don't you think Em'd get mad?"

He kept staring out, eating his food with no response.

"You know" he whispered "I'm not even sure if I wanna be with her."

My heart skipped a beat.

"What? But why?-"

"You heard our conversation, you know exactly why." He looked at me, dead serious but then quickly layed his eyes outside again.

"Well... Just 'cause you slipped meaningless words out of your mouth doesn't mean-"

"Myself and I've agreed that those words meant truth."

My mouth and jaw opened a little in shock. It was real quiet, and the heavy silence just gained a pound.

"Evan. You think she just wants to make out with you, and thats it?"

He scoffed. "Thats all it was. She cares for me and all- but half the time it's just all on the lips. I want a serious relationship, not one where the mouth does the job and not the heart."

My heart skipped another beat. I didn't know what to say- he was so serious. His words gave shivers down my spine and back up.

"It'll be hella awkward if you and me have another love story though. Em would be jeeeaaaalous." He chuckled.

I laughed back, appriciating his transition to a different topic. His humor always got me to smile.

He put his hand on mine, staring into my eyes.

"Oh- uh." I was startled.

Evan didn't smile or laugh that time, he didn't stop to blink or anything. He just started at me with meaning. And his deep brown eyes were telling me something.

But I was wrong.

Because his mouth was filled with food and them he started making chipmunk sounds.

I nearly spit out my sandwhich in laughter. I couldn't stop. And thats when Evan started to giggle, trying his best to swallow his food without choking. It was HILARIOUS.

But the humor died when we both noticed Emma getting out of her car in front of the deli store.

Then our conversation died when she made eye contact with us.

"Well shit" Evan whispered.

I chuckled.

"Lets hide" he added. I was confused, but he literally planned to hide. He took our empty wrappers and threw it all the way in the garbage can.

He took my hand and we ran to the back door of the deli store.

I laughed "Could we even exit from there?"

"Not sure" he giggled.

We ran to the parking lot and quickly started to engine, still laughing.

He put his hands on the wheel.

"Oh! Lets be those bad guys driving away from the cops. STEP ON ITTTT!" I yelled.

Evan blurted out the cutest and loudest laugh I've heard in a while. He stepped on the brake and we drove away.

"We didn't even give the deli guy some tip" he joked.

I laughed back, checking my phone.

8:39 am

"EVAN! We're late for the shoot!" I screeched.

He froze.

And literally stepped on a brake with his crooked smile.

Evan's smile told me that he was happy. He was alright.