my journey begins

I work for a big company abroad and we had just gotten approval of getting BTS as our endorsers. I work directly under the owner's office, and my boss is really, really kind. He's actually my Dad's bestfriend and my godfather. He owns a lot of businesses, extremely rich, is in his early 60s, no kid and is really cool. I look up to him like my 2nd dad. He calls me in one Tuesday morning..

Boss: "Jams, have a seat....we are flying to Korea next week to sign our contract with BTS. We plan to leave you there to oversee the photo shoots, commercials, teasers, ...everything before the launch..."

Me: (dying inside🤪🤪🤪---LEAVE ME????) "Ok Sir....... uh... how long will I be staying there?"

Boss: "Well, we will be with you for 3 days then you stay for a month or so. Everything will be arranged for you, no need to worry. You just need to switch to a hotel much nearer to Hybe because they said will give you a working space in their office while you are there."

Me: (say huwaaaattt???? "A month or so"???.. a working space in Hybe???? Working with BTS?!?!?!-- I should wake up from this dream!! ) "Ok Sir.. i'll coordinate with admin department for the logistics of the trip. Thank you!"

TIME SKIP

The day we leave for Korea came at last. I've been having sleepless nights thinking about it! I was so excited, nervous and worried at the same time! Not only will I see my favorite boy band but I'll be closely working with them ---- not to mention that I was gonna meet the love of my life, my ultimate bias, Jeon Jungkook!!! OMG! I hope I get to see them perform live! My inner fangirl was coming out!! Just thinking about it gives me the shivers! What if they are not as friendly as they seem to be? What if we don't understand each other? What if.....? --- I had so many 'what ifs'! "Calm down, Jams.. everything will be okay... You'll pull though", I said trying to convince myself.

My boss being such a bigshot that he was, had his own plane. We were also accompanied by another big boss in the company, who happened to be my older cousin. Our moms are sisters. I must say, though, I was hired for my knowledge and talent years later after my cousin was already climbing the corporate ladder in the company. This was my first job straight from college and has been with them for 3 years now.

Our flight was at 7 in the morning as our first agenda was to meet Bang Si Hyuk, the CEO for a lunch meeting. It would take about 3 and a half hours before we reach Korea.

I had to pinch myself a few times. I couldn't believe I was this lucky to get this opportunity. Even meeting Bang Si Hyuk excited me. He was such a big shot in Korea, yet he looked so kind and approachable, not to mention cuddly too!! He looked like a Korean Teddy bear to me ---if there was such a thing. LOL!

Inside the plane, my cousin handed me a thick envelope. I opened it to reveal a company credit card, an envelope with a lot of cash (CHA CHING! CHA CHING!), a beep card with a photo of BTS on it, my travel insurance and medical card, certificate of employment and other important documents for my stay.

Boss: "That's all for you. Use it for whatever.. grocery, food, toiletries, shopping ... the company credit card can be used for your food-- though breakfast is included in the hotel."

Me: "Thank you, Sir. You're so generous. I see that I have a beep card and ---

Boss: "Oh that? We just got that for emergency purposes. I know the secretary loaded that with money. Though I know you have a driver if you need one."

Me: (my own driver?? The hell?) Oh...wow.. Sir.. am I dreaming? Did you owe me something in our past life?? Can you pls wake me up?" (While I looked at my cousin for any sign at all--- I saw him hiding his laughter!!!)