Chapter 4: Why

3 months later:

Dixie POV:

I am officially 6 months pregnant. Me and Griffin are on our way to the doctors office. We're getting an ultrasound to see our baby girl.

We're officially having a girl. I'm genuinely so glad we're having a girl and not a boy. But I would love having a boy it's just if we had a boy I would fear he would end up like Griffin. And no woman should have to go through that.

Griffin has in fact kept putting his hands on me. It's gotten to the point where it's everyday he's touching me. Putting his hands on me. I've told him to stop but he would never listen. I can't leave him because without him I could not support myself financially.

I've tried reaching out to Charli or my parents for help with this situation. But they never believe me. They have always told me that he loves me. And would never put his hands on me

But how would they know? They're not here experiencing the abuse. Not experiencing him hitting them everyday of their lives while they're 19 and 6 months pregnant by their 21 year old husband. They'll never know.

I know Charli is unhappy in her marriage with Chase. She has told me she asked Chase if they could go to counseling. But he told her only bad marriages go to counseling. Charli is my little sister and she's only 18 with a husband and a baby. I know her and Chase are fighting everyday. But he has never layed a finger on her. Lucky.

But enough on what has happened in the past 3 months. Time for the doctors.

As we're in the car on the way to the doctors Griffin is talking to me about how I will be giving birth. As if he's the women having to do it.

"You will be having a natural birth."

"But Griffin, birth is painful I'm going to need medication."

"You will not. You're lucky I'm allowing you to give birth in the hospital. With all those doctors staring at your lady area. God."

"Fine Griffin I won't take medication."

"You said that as though you had a choice to begin with."

Before I can say anything in response I see we've already arrived at the doctors. As soon as we get there we get escorted to the doctors office.

And that hot doctor Noah Beck is my official doctors too. Which I'm very grateful for that.

"Hi Dixie hi Griffin." He says very calmly. He asks us the basic questions and then asks Griffin to leave the room.

"So Dixie I'm a doctor as you know. And I see obvious signs of abuse in you and Griffins relationship. How tense you are around him. And the bruises around your stomach. And this is completely private and you don't have to tell me. But is Griffin abusing you?"

I think about this one for what feels like forever but is proably 8 seconds.

"Yes" I say

"Do you want me to help you? Get you out of this relationship?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because I love him. And we're married. And we're having a child together. And I need him to financially support me." I say hyperventilating.

"Ok Dixie well if you ever need me for help here's my home phone number."

"Thank you Noah."

"No problem" he says with a smile.

Noah goes out and tell Griffin to come back in and he doesn't look mad. He just looks confused.

"Well that is all Mr. and Mrs. Johnson. You're free to go."

"Ok and thank you!" Griffin says shaking Noah's hand.

Me and Noah just nod at each other.

"Hey Griff could you drop me off at Charlis?"

"Sure" he says.

As we're pulling up to Charlis I hear her and Chase yelling at each other. And what seems to be a pretty big fight.

Authors Note:
I'm back ;)