1

As Amara tilts her up, looking at the bright and colourful display above her, she claps in awe at the sight she's seeing, thinking to herself, 'how have they pulled it off again'. She cheers and yells along with the other students as she sees two distinctly bright red-heads zoom past her to throw more fireworks and sparks into the sky and flying out of the great hall.

Her hair and robes swish to the side as George and Fred fly past her and into the crystal blue sky. Running with the large group of students out of the great hall following the troublemakers, Amara stops dead in the tracks as her clapping and cheering slowly fades, looking up at the words forming in the sky with sparks. 'Amara Cornsly be mine - George Weasley'. Shes dreaded this display ever since George's first attempt of asking her, even though every answer is always no.

She slowly wanders back into the great hall again as all eyes turn to her with cheers and hoots. Running down the corridors knowing this is the final straw and how this may be the end of her friendship with him. You hear a faint yell of a name, over the cheers and fireworks, as she turns into an empty class room and sliding down the door, exhausted.

*bang bang bang*

"Amara open up please, i'm sorry i know you don't like big displays or a lot of attention" she hears an out of breath George croak out as he dismounts his broom.

"No George! How many times so i have to say it, i'm not going to be your girlfriend. Not now, not ever! You're my best friend and i don't wanna lose you, don't you get that?"

"I do I do, I know i need to stop trying so hard but i just want you to be mine Amara. I love you dearly and i would never hurt you" George now sits on the other side of the door, leaning backwards.

"But i don't love you like that George, you're like a brother to me okay. This can't happen"

"Well i can't be friends with someone i'm in love with."

Those words hurt her deeply, making her stomach turn making her feel sick. Her head pounding with guilt and her hands shaking anxiously.

"i love you Amara Cornsly"

And that was it. The last words she heard from him that year. From a boy she had no clue how much she would miss, but knew it was for the best.