Chapter six (pt. 1)

(Hey guys, I've finally built up enough courage to work on this story, btw I have added to my other one but I don't think it's that great at least right now. It's still unbelievably hard to cope with Helens passing but I figured I'd continue with the story. Again, I'm going to try to update a bit more often but I'm still working. Let me know what you think of the story and enjoy :) ) (ps. I decided to change up how I write the dialogue so it'll look more similar to my other story.)

The sun started shining in my face so I pulled the pillow from under my head to on top of it, so it'd block the sunlight. I groaned and turned over. Lifting the pillow slightly to look at my bedside clock, I saw that the time is almost 8 a.m.

'It's not too bad. I can get up early on a weekend, it won't kill me.'

I pulled the pillow off my head and sat up and just took a moment. Taking a moment to breathe and to prepare myself for the day. Then I remembered, Narcissa. Today's the day she's coming over for tea. Had the days really gone that fast?

I stood and walked towards the bathroom, I wanted to take a shower. Showers always helped clear my mind and calm me down. I waved my hand at the shower and it turned on, stepping in I shuddered because apparently, my magic forgot that hot water exists. Quickly fixing the temperature, my shoulders relaxed into the hot water.

'I still have to tidy the house, fix the garden, get dressed, prepare lunch.'

I started thinking of all the things I needed to do before Narcissa came over. I typically wouldn't over-prepare like this, but it's Narcissa, so obviously everything has to be perfect.

I finished washing my hair and body and instead of staying longer in the shower like normal, I stepped out. It didn't take long for me to dry off, seeing as I casted a drying spell. I got dressed in a simple day dress, it was dark blue and stopped just above my knees. I styled my hair down again, because I didn't mind it too much yesterday, and left the bathroom. I was never really one for makeup. I grabbed my wand and flicked it towards the room, everything began flying everywhere. My bed was now made and my clothes were put into the hamper. I started heading towards the living area so I could tidy the little things. I wasn't dirty par se but I was disorganized a bit, but there wasn't much around. Next, I headed to the library and put the books back in their spots on the shelves, and reorganized the things in there too. Next was the kitchen, I quickly did the dishes and started some coffee for myself.

Bringing the cup of hot coffee to my face, I started thinking.

'I haven't been to the garden in ages practically, the flowers are likely begging for care.'

I just took a moment to myself, taking in the fact that Narcissa is actually coming to my place. I started to get nervous and went to the rear garden, tending to it usually helped calm me down which I need right now. Narcissa, someone I've been hoping to be noticed by for years, is actually coming to my house.

I tended to the typical species of flowers in one half of the garden before carefully moving to the other half. Half of my garden were dangerous and rare species, flowers and plants that aren't typically used in common home gardens. I managed to avoid the toxic to the touch flowers and it wasn't long after I was finally done. I went back inside to do some washing up, because well, dirt gets everywhere. It was amazing how I was able to avoid getting dirt on your dress.

The time now was almost 12:30 pm. As the seconds ticked by, I got more and more nervous.

'She's actually coming over! Narcissa Black, THE Narcissa Black.'

Something that she didn't know was that I had liked her since my first year at Hogwarts. When I was a first year, she was in her seventh. Though we were in the same house, Slytherin, she didn't really know that I existed until I started work at the Ministry, if she even noticed me then.