chapter eight.

the bell for lunch one rings. jaimee migrates from her seat on the basketball courts, back to where she previously sat, and where nik was sat moments ago. minutes pass and jk comes down and sits down on the other side of me. we sit in silence, olivia, then closely followed by another friend of ours; sam, both come and sit where the three of us are sat.

we just sit in silence. no one moves, no one takes out their phones, we just sit. i'm mad, but hurt. i think. i honestly don't know. i'm not the best at figuring out my feelings all the time. i hear footsteps behind us, and feel someone sit behind us. it's a familiar shadow and i knew exactly who it was. i didn't need to turn around.

i don't know if i can be this close to him at this point. i don't know if i want to talk to him, or if i want to leave. i have no energy to move so i just sit there. in complete shock of what has happened in the past 20 minutes. i notice jaimee open her phone, and moments after, everyone in the table receives a notification. it was a chat from jaimee. we collectively open our phones and open the snap.

my house, 8pm on friday. i'll throw a party, we need to get loose a bit x

everyone replies in a pretty simple matter.

bet

deal

count me in

great. i'm serious, great. a chance to let go of everything. maybe i'll get drunk as fuck and will forever forget what has happened. i really am greatful for these people. i trust jaimee to put something on like this, for us to just vibe. i know jaimee, i guarantee there will be alot of people there. i guarantee none of us will make conversation with one another.

but i'm ready.