Chapter 3

Ace's face was covered in rage, he seethed as he spit out his next words, "a fucking murderer Kas?! Out of all the damn men in that facility you choose the most dangerous asshole in the block?!" His ring clad hand ran stressfully through his blonde hair before tearing it down back to his side.

She had told him about Apollo.

She sat quietly on one of their barstools in the kitchen, taking his yelling with a numb expression, she knew he would react like this. She winced at his cursing, he never threw obscenities at her unless they were intimate.

"You know how I feel about these fucking kind of things! I thought we had a deal, you can take care of these criminals and do therapy with their asses as long as they have not committed rape or murder!" Spit flew from his mouth as his red face threw a vicious glare at her, ripping off his glasses and running his hand once more through his hair.

She opened her mouth but closed it as he cut her off, "No Kas! There is no discussion! Let me guess, you're going to tell me how everyone deserves a chance, that this man isn't as bad as he seems. Kastalia! I see you reading his fucking papers in that God damn manila folder! You know what he's done! He has killed so many fucking innocent people!" He leaned over the counter, hands on the marble, shoulders rippling with rage.

She stared at his angry blue eyes before sinking in on herself as he threw her a glare. Anger, anxiety, and fear mixed in her stomach, creating a volatile mixture.

"Why would you do it?" His voice suddenly became meek, he sunk back as hurt became evident on his face, "you knew how I felt about this, you know that any one of these men can get out of prison and come to hurt you and I don't know about you, but I don't think I could fucking save you from a man who has constant time to pump iron." He turned away, placing his glasses back on his face, fisting his hair and pulling stressfully.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered, watching Ace pace the kitchen, lowering her head.

He turned to her, stopping his pacing, "you're sorry?! Kas, this is a problem, I can't let you therapize with a fucking murder."

She felt the familiar mixture of anxiety bubble in her stomach, making her heart flutter. Salty tears stung her eyes at his tone, it was sharp and angry.

Her breathing quickened at his red face and clenched jaw, feeling a panic attack coming upon her. She didn't want this to happen... not now.

But she couldn't control it.

His face dropped as he realized what he had done, "Kas, no." She gasped as the anxiety crawled up and curled around her skull.

"God fucking damn it," he cursed before rushing over to her side. her body already convulsing in panic induced shivers.

"Shh, please, look at me. I'm sorry, ok? I just didn't expect it, I didn't see you doing this kind of thing, ever, I thought you were more cautious than this," Ace wrapped his arms around her, holding her shaking body still.

She was panicking, her breathing was in quick gasps as she shook her hands, hating the feeling.

"Baby, baby shh, you're okay. I'm right here, take deep breaths," he soothed, hugging her tightly.

"Y- you're mad at mee, you're going to kill me," she hiccupped and gasped, squirming violently as panic made a sudden jolt through her body, her words made her panic more.

He sighed, "no baby no, it's the anxiety talking, fight it, and I was angry, and I'm sorry I lost my temper like that, I just worry and that turns to anger, you know I'm working on it. I'm so sorry Kas. I'm so sorry," he whispered, trying his best to soothe her volatile anxiety.