Aaron x reader

You're a really anxious kid.

When something you didn't like happened you'd run to the nearest person you like and hide behind them. You hated social gatherings and whenever you were forced to be apart of one your legs would start to shake and you'd have a hard time breathing.

Aaron was your best friend. You always felt like you and him connected. You guys are similar too. He bites his shirt collar and you hide behind people. You didn't talk that much either so when Aaron trails off about dinosaurs you just listen. You found the conversations interesting. You found Aaron interesting.

Today your 4th grade class was going on a field trip to the Everything Museum. Aaron was totally excited for this trip. All week he couldn't stop talking to you about it and now it's actually happening.

You on the other hand were shaking like crazy. The museum you were going to was very well know and a tourist spot. You knew it was going to be packed with people. You looked over to Aaron with a worried look. He looked so excited with a huge toothy smile on his face. You didn't want to say anything about how nervous you were because you didn't want to ruin his fun.

Next thing you know you, Aaron, and the 20 other students plus more were boarding the bus. Aaron skipped to the second to last seat on the back of the bus. He looked at you and patted the seat next to him, signing you to sit down. Once you sat down you had your legs crossed and you were biting your finger nails.

"Are you excited? Im exited! I can't wait to get there!! How long will it take!? Man, I hope the dinosaurs are scientifically accurate-- you know what, nevermind they definitely are-" he kept on babbling and babbling and you nodded your head in response.

What was a 30 minute drive felt like a 5 minute drive. Time flys by when you're scared out of your shorts. Aaron could barely control himself. He was practically bouncing off the seat. "Everybody off," the driver shouted to the back of the bus. Aaron jumped out of his seat and grabbed your hand.

He ran out the bus at high speed. At this point you felt as if you we're going to throw up. You saw the hundreds of cars in the parking lot which probably ment there were hundreds of people there. You walked with him and your class inside.

"Now kids, you know the drill. Let's all use the buddy system," the teacher insisted. The buddy system was basically a system where you take a pal with you to go wherever you want so you don't get lost. Obviously you picked Aaron as your buddy and Aaron picked you. "Now remember childre--" before she could finish her sentence, everyone ran off. You saw 2 kids run off to the air and space section and you turned around and saw 9 others go to the history section.

You knew darn well where you two were going: the dinosaurs section. As you two ran there you saw about 40 people in there. It was a huge room. That amount was enough to trigger the jelly legs. You looked up at Aaron and saw this toothy grin again. Telling him you were scared would just ruin his fun and that would make you feel like dirt. "OH MY GOD, (Y/N) LOOK," He shouted causing a crowd of people to stare at you two. You hated the attention you were getting. You looked at what he was pointing at and saw a giant replica of a T-rex.

Then and there you screamed and hid behind Aaron. You knew what they looked like due to Aaron's descriptions but you've never seen one before. Your scream cause the whole room to go silent and look over at you two.

You had your face buried into his back and you were gripping onto his shirt. Your whole body was trembling and you started to whimper. "This is the worst day of my life. It's so embarrassing," you thought to yourself. Aaron looked over his shoulder and saw you. He looked down at you with a sad-ish- worried look on his face.

He gently pushed you off him and held your hand. He guided you out of the room. Your eyes were glued to the floor and you were still trembling. He sat you down on a bench away from the dinosaur area. He dug into his backpack and took out a juice box.

You hid your face, ashamed of what had just happened. You peeked at him and saw he was offering you the juice box. You smiled and took it from him. He noticed that you still looked sad. He took a seat next to you and hugged you tightly. "I'm sorry," he apologized still hugging you. "I was so blinded by my excitement, I forgot to think about how you felt."

"I'm such a jerk," he said "yeah," you agreed jokingly. You both laughed. Aaron held your hand and rubbed the back of it with his pinkie. "Raptor bash?" He asked. "Raptor bash." You replied with a smile.

"Rahh," you both growled.

🚦 Author's note
I'm really proud of the layout on this one lol