Chapter 3 *Bernard's POV*

I heard the muffled sound of girls talking. I was only half awake so I wasn't really aware of what was going on. I sat up and saw a group of girls walk out of the cabin. Thinking I was alone I laid back down, not caring about the girls. There was a shuffle on the right side of me and it made me jump.

"You talk in your sleep." I looked over to see a girl with short, black hair with blonde highlights cut into a short fringe. Her eyes were a deep shade of green. "What?" I said in complete confusion. "Last night, I heard you talking in your sleep." Slightly nervous, yet curious to hear the answer I asked. "What was I saying?" She leaned back on her bed and stared off into space as if she was thinking it over. "It was like you were talking to other people. You mentioned some names...Christina, Amelia, and Bernard, I think." She looked back at me, waiting for some type of explanation as to who those people were or what the hell I might have been talking about. I knew that us alters would sometimes talk out loud to each other but no one ever mentioned us talking in our sleep. Just another thing to try to hide at camp.

"Oh, that's weird" I said. "Who are they?" "Oh, um, I'm not sure." "What's up with your voice?" "What do you mean" "It's different from yesterday." "It's probably cause i just woke up." She gave me a look that told me she knew i wasn't telling truth. I didn't need her to believe me, I just needed her to stop asking questions. "What's your name again?" "Emma." I tried to sound confident in my answer but I hated having to pretend to be her.

Just then, the door opened and a counselor poked his head in. "Oh there are some of you left in here! Time to get ready for breakfast!" He closed door and there was a weird silence for a few moments. She got up and headed toward the back door. "Where are you going?" She turned to me and said "Somewhere where all the assholes and people at camp can't get to me." Getting away from everyone else sounded pretty nice right now. Not that I'm shy but I'm literally always embarrassing myself and that was the last thing any of us needed right now. "Can I come?" "I guess." She continued walking toward the door. "Wait! I'm not dressed." "Doesn't matter" I was gonna argue with her on that. Being a guy in a girl's body is awkward enough.

I followed her out of the back door which lead to an open field. Just beyond it I could see trees. She walked out into the field, me not far behind. "Won't they notice we're gone?" "No I've never gotten caught before, trust me." So we kept on walking through the field, the trees getting closer with every step. It was so calming to just be surrounded by nature and nothing else. Not having any responsibility. Out here i felt like i could be myself and not have to pretend to be Emma for once. 

That's when i started to ask myself something I'd never thought of before. Should i tell this girl who i really am? That i'm not really Emma? None of us have ever told anybody but right now it seemed like i could. I also felt that if there was anyone to tell it's her. I hardly even knew but somehow I did. I wanted to blurt it out right there and then just to get it off my chest but I bit my tongue and kept following her.