Chapter 2 *Christina's POV*

I'd been waiting for this since I heard about the camp and it was finally happening! I was the one who gave her mom the idea to bring her here. At her school they passed out papers about it and, luckily, I was there to see it. When she got home I put the paper on the kitchen table where I knew she'd see it. I didnt tell her about the camp because i wanted it to be a surprise but when her mom told her about it, she got mad. I didn't want her to be mad at me so I never told her I did it. I just wanted to help her to make friends and it gave me a chance to make my own friends.

        The only friend I had was my stuffed dog, Emily, that Emma gave me. Sure, she was soft and cute and yeah I loved cuddling her but I couldnt talk to her (because dogs cant talk silly) and when I try to get her to play tag she would just sit there. I couldn't play with the other alters because they're always too busy yelling at eachother. Sometimes Drake would play with me but he was a boy so he didnt want to play dolls or dress up.

        I looked at the huge group of kids. I didn't know this many people could be in one place! A really tall man came out of the crowd and walked to me. I started to feel shy. He had a big, funny looking nose and fuzzy hair that was in a circle around a baldspot that made it look like he had ham on his head. He was really scary. "Hi, there!" he said loudly with a big smile. "Hi!' I gave a nervous smile. "Let me help you with those bags!" I didnt like the way he kept yelling everything. "o..ok" "You nervous?" "No!" I got a little mad. I dont get nervous! He laughed and picked up the two bags in front of me. "Good, you shouldn't be! Camp is fun! You'll love it!" "What's your name, young lady?" I almost said my real name but I stopped myself in time. "Emma" "Well, Emma, welcome to Camp Ember!"

        He started to walk toward a group of cabins and I followed. He stopped in the doorway and put my bags down. "This will be your cabin for the summer." Someone from outside the cabin called "Councelor Steve!" The man jogged out of the cabin. I saw that there were already seven girls there that had claimed their beds. The only one left was a top. Yes! The girls were all too busy talking to notice me, except one girl who laid in her bottom bunk ignoring everyone else. I walked to the empty bunk and climbed the little ladder with my two bags. I got one bag onto the bed but dropped the other one. It made a loud bang and all the girls stopped talking and were staring at me. I thought i'd done something wong so I said "sorry..." and quickly got the bag.

        One of the girls stepped toward me. She had shiny black hair that fell perfectly onto her shoulders and dark green eyes. Her skin looked smooth and tanned. She looked like a barbie. "who are you?" I thought I had finally met my first friend. "I'm Emma!" I held out my hand for her to shake like Id seen grown ups do. She looked at my hand then up at me. "Im Kara. Have you ever been to camp before?" "No" "So you dont have any friends here?" "No" She looked at her friends behind her and smiled. They all had confused expressions. "Well, you can hang with us." She turned back to me and smirked.

        We started to talk about boys. I didn't really get what they were talking about so I just went along with what they were saying. After a while they started to talk about some of the councelors and other campers. I thought what they were saying was mean but I still laughed along. After a few hours we went back to our beds. Some of them continued to talk but eventually everyone fell asleep, except me. I didnt like what those girls were saying. I wondered how long I would have to play along until they made me say something bad. I snuggled up to Emily. At least I had friends now. Right?