3. New friends

"Miu Iwasaki, the girl from an alternate universe, will go to the Survey Corp after spending 2 weeks with the 104th training regiment."

There were various shouts of protest from my right, but they, as well as everyone else in the room, knew that his decision was final, and nothing was going to change that. Hanji came back down and removed the pole as well as my cuffs. I sighed in relief. "Thank you, Mr. Zachary." I bowed in respect. Hanji grabbed my arm and dragged me to a different room.

"Hanji I have a question." The excited woman looked at me, allowing me to continue. "How am I gonna blend in the everyone else? In case you haven't noticed, I have blue hair, pink eyes, pointy ears and fangs." I pointed out. "Wait, you have fangs? Show me! Please!" She begged, getting close to by face. I giggled, opening my mouth. Hanji put her finger on one of my canines.

"They feel sharp, but don't look sharp. Fascinating." The brunette muttered to herself. "Yeah, when I was little, my friend would call me a vampire because I would frequently bite him when he was being mean to my other friend." I smiled at the memory.

"We'll get you a wig, as for your eyes, you can say it's a discoloration. Feel free to make up anything about your teeth and ears." Erwin stated from behind me, making me jump. I turned around at what seemed like the speed of light.

"Holy shit! okay... I might need you to have a bell with you at all times... or I might die of a heart attack." I joked. Erwin smiled softly before walking toward me. He gave me a small pat on the back, "Welcome to the Survey Corp, Miu Iwasaki. Glad to have you fighting for the survival of humanity."

_________

"Listen up Cadets! This young woman next to me is Miu Iwasaki. She will stay with you as a temporary trainee, and you will treat her as one of your own." Shadis shouted. I stood next to him, my gaze wandering over the large group of teens hoping to spot my favorite characters. To my delight, I spotted Bertholdt towering over everyone else, and Reiner next to him. Close by, there was Ymir and Historia- or Christa currently.

Further in the opposite direction, I saw Mikasa, Eren, and Armin. Together as always. I had to silently do a double-take seeing Eren look so awake and happy. I forgot he wasn't a total ass in the beginning. Armin caught me looking at them, and waved a little, trying not to get caught by Baldi next to me.

I smiled and nodded a bit, returning the greeting. I couldn't find anyone else I recognized, so I zoned out, too tired and bored to zone back in to the real world.

_________

For someone who really likes being around people, I really don't like being surrounded. That was my current predicament. It was Lunch Break and there was a huge group around me asking questions.

"How old are you?"

"How did you get in so late?"

"Why are your eyes pink?"

It was really overwhelming and I felt like crying.' "Can- Can you guys please be quieter? I'm getting a bit overwhelmed." I asked feebly. They did not stop. 'So much for being chill.'

"Come on guys, she's obviously not comfortable. Back up a bit!" My savior, Freckled Jesus reprimanded. the group backed up, and Marco sat down next to me, giving me a small smile. "Thank you." I muttered. "Are you okay? I'm uh- I'm Marco. Marco Bodt." "Miu." "Nice to meet you! Why don't you come sit with me and my friend Jean?"

"Maybe in a few minutes. I have to answer a few more questions before I do anything else." I said. He nodded and sat, waiting patiently to bring me to meet his friend. True to my word, I answered a few questions as thoroughly as I could, and then followed the sweet bean to a different table.