2. Trials ahead

I took a deep breath before being pushed in.

"Good Luck!" Hanji shouted. I stumbled, quickly gaining my footing. I walked towards the same spot I had watched Eren kneel down and waited. Soon, I was forced to kneel and a bar was shoved in the ground, keeping me in place. I looked around to the people watching me like a hawk. For the most part, they seemed to be the same people that was at Eren's Trial.

I definitely stood out like a sore thumb. If not for the fact that I was chained down it would be because of my light blue hair, elf-like ears, and soft pink eyes. I laughed internally when I thought of what will happen when they see my teeth.

A few minutes later, Old Man Zachary sat down on his (throne) chair. "Let's begin the trial. Miu, was it?" "Yes, sir," I confirmed. "Do you have a last name?" "Iwasaki. I prefer to be called by my first name, though." Zachary nodded. "You were found falling from the sky by Captain Levi, yes?"

"From what I was told, yes I was." I affirm. "This tribunal will be held under Military, not Civilian, law. That means your fate is in my hands, and will be decided here. Understood?"

"Yes sir, I understand." I nod, glancing around at the other people in the room. Most of them stared at me as if I was some sort of alien. "What I will decide today is which force will have custody of you. The Military Police, or the Survey Corps. They will state their proposals after I ask some questions of you and you alone." I nod.

"First, where are you from?"

"Musutafu, Japan. In what I believe is an alternate universe from yours" I answer honestly. Whispers floated around the room. Zachary raised his eyebrows, "And what makes you believe that you are from an alternate universe?" "Many things. The first clue I had was Titans. Where I'm from, there are no such thing as Giant Man-Eating Titans. The closest person we have to a Titan is Mount Lady, who is a pro hero and protects civilians from Villains- or Criminals.

"Which brings me to my second clue, Quirks. In my Universe, 80% of the global population have supernatural abilities that we call quirks. Each one is unique to that person, but many can have similar quirks. It is a hereditary ability, with new abilities being created by their parent's quirk's mixing and becoming stronger."

"My third clue, is technology and my environment. If you don't mind me asking, what year is it?"

"It is 845." Zachary answered. I nodded, "I thought so. My surroundings and how you all act support the theory that, while I'm not only in an alternate universe but also in an alternate year. Where I'm from, it isn't 845, it's in fact 2156." I finish my explanation with a smile.

"I see," The old man paused, "Would you mind showing me your... Quirk, was it?" "Yes sir." I activated my quirk, allowing my crystal wings to show. I decided to stain them a different color this time, matching the wings on the Survey Corps sleeve. "I apologize if I'm not able to show their full capacity. The bar behind me is hindering their growth. They are usually much bigger, giving me the ability to fly."

"Each quirk has it's weaknesses, as they are physical parts of our body, as much as our arms and legs are. The size my wings grow depends on the room they are in, or if anything is in the way. I also require sugar to create my wings, as the sugar creates a chemical reaction in my body that can make the crystals that are my wings."

"That is quite fascinating." Zachary muttered, "Now without further ado, may the Military Police present their proposal?"

"I, Commander of the Military Police, Nile Dok, present my proposal. We believe she should be exterminated immediately, as her abilities can prove to be a threat for the safety of mankind, should she chose to betray us if we leave her alive."

"And the Survey Corps' proposal?" Zachary continued.

"I, 13th Commander of the Survey Corps, Erwin Smith, will present my proposal. We would like Miu Iwasaki to join our ranks, and help us un the fight to retake Wall Maria. That is all." Commander Eyebrows said.

"I see." Zachary murmured. I silently let my wings dissolve, as having them stay still without touching the bar was making me tired. "Mr. Zachary, permission to add something that may or may not help you decide?" I asked quietly.

"Permission granted." "Before I was sent here, I was in a hero school, training to use my quirk alongside my classmates to protect civilians from dangerous villains and natural disasters. I have already been in multiple battles with some of the most deadly criminals, I have been kidnapped alongside one of my classmates, and survived with no injuries, and I have saved many civilians from casualties that would have been caused by the number one villain. I am also related to the now number 2 pro hero, who has taught me many things about how to use my quirk efficiently without hurting people." I added.

There were several moments of silence. And then several more. I was getting bored, and almost falling asleep. "I have made a decision." Zachary declared. Everyone stared at him, expectantly waiting for his verdict. "Miu Iwasaki, the girl from an alternate universe, will go to the Survey Corp after spending 2 weeks with the 104th training regiment."