3. Nightmares

I think we all have that fear hidden deep in our hearts that haunts us every night before we sleep. Sometimes it happens to have only one torment, other times more at a time, the only sure thing is that you cannot escape from these nightmares. You can try to run away yes, but in the end you know that you will have to confront it, and if you are brave you will be able to defeat ot, with or without the help of other people. In the worst case, out of desperation and fear of being followed by your fear, you will do something stupid and you will never be able to go back.

~•~•~•~•~•~•

The following four days have been good. I have meet new people and teachers. School was nice and so were my new friends.

●▪TIME SKIP TO SATURDAY▪●

All I could hear was silence. I slowly opened my eyes, a little scared to see what was in front of me. I found myself in my dad's lab. A poor lighting, of which I could not find the source, illuminated the room. Suddenly the light went out leaving me alone in total dark for a few seconds. I never feared dark places. A light came on, illuminating something that was at least 7 meters away from me. I came closer to the source of light. Soon I saw a body lying on the floor. He was my dad and when I realized that I started running towards him. My vision was blurred from the creation of tears on my eyes, but I recognized his face anyway. I noticed that his reactor wasn't shining with the familiar blue colour; it was grey. That meant that he was dead. My heart sank into a sea of pain. I cried, cried, and cried even more. Did I mention that I cried? All I could feel in that moment was pure pain, like a knife going through my heart. Seein my dad dead was the most terrible nightmare I could ever imagine. Between tears and pain I could not breathe anymore. At first it was a slight lack of oxygen but then, I found myself so strangled by pain that I couldn't breathe at all.

Then, all of a sudden I woke up. My forehead was sweaty and my cheeks were covered with tears. I checked the time: it was 03:57 am. It was just another nightmare of mine. I lay down trying to sleep again but I couldn't.

Somtimes, when I can't sleep, usually because of a nightmare, I wonder about life; What meaning does live have? What if Big Bang never happened? Why is death the end of our life? Why do we die? What if we don't actually die? Why do we cry when we are sad? Why do we laugh? Why do we fall in love? Why do we feel butterflies when we see our other half? Why do we feel pain when we are broken? Why do we miss someone else? Why do we love? Why do we fear? Why do we feel?

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts.

"Y/n, are you awake?" - said Wanda from the other side of the door.

"Yes, I am. You can come in" - I replied.

Wanda slowly opened the door. I sat crossing my legs gesturing to Wanda to sit in my bed.

"Y/n, " - she began speaking - "...you know that I can read minds. Right?

I noded.

"Every night since..." - she made a pause - "since Tony's death, for four years, you keep seeing nightmares every night, but now they seem getting more fearful."

The room was filled with some silence for some minutes.

"I am really worried about you, y/n" - she said with a really worried face.

Whenever I had a bad dream or felt sick, Wanda was always there, with me. She was so much caring.

"I am sorry, but I just can't stop thinking about him. It hurt so much Wanda. I can't." - I said while wiping a couple of tears from my face.

"Hey, hey." - she said with a sad smile - "Y/n look at me. Don't be sorry for something that isn't your fault. Nobody can control dreams. You are going to make it through this, ok? You have me and any Avenger. And you have Pepper. She loves you y/n, we all do. Just know that you are not alone in this. You have us and we are going to help you."

Then she hugged me.

"Tomorrow we will inform your mother about your nightmares and we will see a special doctor"

"Ok" - I simply responded.

Then I lied on the bed. Wanda kissed my head and before leaving she said goodnight to me.

"Goodnight" - I replied back and closed my eyes.