Chapter 29: The Real Parents

Ahana's POV

Two days passed, I took her to the hospital for a check-up. The doctor removed the bandage and the stitches dissolved. The technology is advanced, I had a sigh of relief seeing it.

After that, I asked "ice-cream??"

Manvi nodded in yes. I took her to the ice cream parlour and she picked her choice of ice cream. She ate it childishly and I smiled seeing it.

She coughed a bit, and I rubbed her back "slow and steady"

She eyed me with a light smile curved on her lips. Today, she seemed to be in a good mood.

I asked in a soft tone "is someone troubling you in college?"

"It doesn't matter.." she replied and moved out of the parlour. I sighed and maintained my calmness.

We reached home, the house was completely silent. This is unusual, everyone was present and talking to each other in groups.

The scenario seemed suspicious to me, a voice reached my ear "Manvi..."

I turned and found a boy in his 20s approaching Manvi. He held her hand and said "As I promised... I found them"

I was confused hearing him. Whom did he find? Who is he? I had never seen him before. Many questions raised in my mind but no answers.

"Manvi beta...."

I looked behind him and found a lady along with a man standing beside her. I tried hard to recognise them, and after a few minutes, their images became crystal clear in my mind. I was just shocked to find them inside the house.

I shouted, "What the hell are you both doing here??"

They glanced at me and then moved to Manvi. The lady touched her face and started shedding tears. She kissed all over her face, raising my anger.

I eyed everyone why the hell they let these bastards enter the premises.

Manvi eyed at her mother, yes the lady who gave birth to her and who was standing helplessly shedding tears at the corner when her husband was burying her alive 18 years back.

"You don't know how I lived without you please come back home with me," she said in a pleading tone. 

"Why did you leave me then?" Manvi questioned.

"It was all my fault, your mother never wanted to abandon you.." her real father spoke, folding his hands in front of her. Tears of guilt, shame was present in his eyes but all this seemed fake to me.

"I want to correct the mistake I made 18 years back.. Please come back with us to the world where you truly belong.." he requested her.

Her friend interrupted "Manvi.. You should go with your parents.. After this college students won't trouble you. You can make new friends, take part in all the activities, and show your talent.. Your life will be normal"