Chapter 6: Getting The Job

Ahana's POV

It was a big opportunity for me and I can't lose it. I reached the school practice room and saw about 20 students.

Everyone was of different age, I smiled and introduced myself "I am Ahana"

They wished me "good Morning Mam" the kids were so innocent.

They don't know the sorrow, all they want is happiness. I smiled and said "for next one month I will be training you for the competition"

 I smiled and said "for next one month I will be training you for the competition"

One of them said with disappointment "mam.. Every year we lose"

"But we can't give up till we win," I said, encouraging them.

They smiled and we started rehearsing for the competition. It was not a bad start, soon the rehearsals came to an end and I went out of the school with an overwhelming smile on my face.

There was a ray of hope that I would get this job. I reached my society and entered the house.

Manvi was sitting in the baby bathtub and playing in the water. I glanced at her with a smile and sat beside her. She was tapping the bubbly water with her hands and making giggling sounds.

"Ee.. aa."

She turned towards me, it seemed she realised my presence around her and then called "ma

She turned towards me, it seemed she realised my presence around her and then called "ma.. ma"

I kissed her forehead "yes baby"

I made her bath properly, I wanted to take her out of the water but she adamant. She cried when I pulled her out of the bathtub, I sighed and took her to the room.

I made her sit on the bed and she had an angry look. I took out her clothes from the wardrobe and made her wear them. GuruMaa entered the room and kept the food on the table.

I thanked her for taking care of Manvi in my absence. I then feed food to Manvi. She half-closed her eyes, it seemed she was feeling sleepy.

I made her lay on the bed and caressed her head lightly. She held my finger and started playing with it. I smiled at her antics. She was not sleeping, I sang a Lori for her.