Chapter 30: Seperation

Ahana's POV

I was left shattered, broken when Manvi moved out of the house along with her parents. Tears of separation rolled down my eyes, I followed her and held her hand.. "Please don't go! I won't be able to live without you.. These people are not worthy of your trust" I tried to convince her.

She wasn't ready to listen to me, the circumstances and surroundings had made her turn against me. She shouted "no... I don't belong to your world! I will be happier in my world.." and jerked my hand.

"Mannu.. Please understand I always tried to protect you" I cupped her face and looked straight into her eyes with hope.

She kept her hands on my arms and pulled them down.. "If you had.. Then this wouldn't have happened to me! You always scolded me.. Stopped me I just hate you and never want to see your face" she said in a hateful tone leaving me in grief.

She was the same girl who promised in childhood our relationship would never break but today it seemed like she never loved me, cared for me

She was the same girl who promised in childhood our relationship would never break but today it seemed like she never loved me, cared for me. For her, I fought with my own people, went against them and took the decision to raise her as my own daughter.

My sacrifices, everything had become worthless in her eyes. How can she be immature to trust others than me?

I held her hand and pleaded with eyes, she looked at me without a tear or pain in her eyes all I could see was anger, frustration for me. She started to step back and our hands parted away. I dropped down my knees and shouted "don't go! Mannu"

But she didn't even turn behind for once, shattering my all hopes

But she didn't even turn behind for once, shattering my all hopes. She fully disappeared and I left broken, alone by myself. Someone just tore my body and pulled out my soul, my only happiness from me.

Sneha came and made me stand, "Ahana.." she took my name and I walked back with her absent-mindedness. I stopped in the middle and turned my head behind with one last hope but she wasn't there.

I walked back inside the house, my heart was broken into pieces. The rights of motherhood were snatched from me within a few minutes. She was my strength, my pride and today I was left alone.

I couldn't gaze at anyone, Sneha took me towards my room but Nisha blocked my way.

"I told you Ahana! One day this girl not only made you cry but us too!" Nisha uttered.

I glanced around, most of them were left in tears. Why wouldn't they? She lived here for 18 years and became part of our life. Her dramatic acts, running around the house, everything was just so special. If I am the heart, she is my heartbeat.

Nisha held my arm and turned me towards her. I looked at her with tears still rolling down my eyes. She said "18 years back! We warned you not to raise a girl in our community! But you were just so stubborn.. Dekh liya anjaam ab.. She left you on the road crying"

I closed my eyes, I was in disbelief, Her harsh words were still echoing in my ears.

"That is why I never showed my love to her! Because I knew she would betray and go away! These humans don't consider us as part of society and you raised that child in our society.. What did you earn Ahana?" Nisha questioned..

"Only hatred! Nothing else" the other person spoke.

Gurumaa shouted "Enough!! Everyone go to your room immediately"

I entered the room and closed the door dropping down on the floor. I cried out loud and shouted her name "mannu!!!"

I cleaned my eyes but the fresh tears spread again under my eyes. I stood up and glanced at the room which was filled with her memories. Her craziness, her unique behaviour, her dramatic acts, I was missing my daughter.

I opened the closet, which was filled with her dresses. I picked up one and caressed it attaching closer to my heart to feel her fragrance. I closed my eyes and her innocent face flashed in front of me along with her voice.

"Mumma please I really want this dress... please it's my birthday"

"Mumma, you are the best"

"I know my mother is special.."

"Mannu will never leave you and go"

I sat down on the floor picking up our picture from the table and caressed her face. I looked at her emotionally and asked "why?? Wasn't my love enough for you to fight with the world? Our bond was beautiful by heart right? Why did you let it turn black?"

"Why do you trust strangers more than me? Couldn't you see how much I loved you? Sacrificed for you?" I complained to the picture even after knowing I won't have any answers. I hugged it and cried.

"How can you stay happy without me? How??"

She was my pride for 18 years and today within seconds she broke it. She didn't let me face my own people. I remained sitting in this position the whole day, shedding tears.

The door opened, I assumed it to be Manvi but was left hopeless as it was Gurumaa.

She sat down beside me, I silently looked up at her. She warned me 18 years back, I should think hard before raising someone who is not one of us but I convinced her that our relationship will bring a change to society. I had no courage to speak even a word in front of her, she wiped my tears.

I couldn't control myself and hugged her tightly. She smeared my head and consoled me trying to make me calm but I just couldn't stop. She was my daughter, I didn't give birth to her but raised her wholeheartedly, selflessly. Disowned my own people for her, everything I did was for her and left to be abandoned.

"Shh.. Ahana enough! Don't cry she is not worthy of you" she said..

"I made a mistake.. Maa..you were right I am responsible for my own pain" I spoke in a broken tone.

"No Ahana it's not your fault," she said.

I parted the hug and showed her the things. I picked up the teddy bear "when she was 5 years old.. She was so stubborn to get this! I bought this for her when she starting crying at the shop"

"Then... this one when she was 10.. All this I tried my best to give her everything yet she said.. She hates me" I was deeply hurt by words.

"A little scar on her body use to scare me to the core.. Why did she do this to me?" I asked her. She pulled me again into the hug and I cried aloud

"Please bring her back.. I will die without her" I pleaded with her, she caressed my head..

"She is a stubborn child ahana.. I can't help you.. Today I saw so much hatred in her eyes for us! I am sorry" she apologized, I sighed deeply.

Author's POV

Manvi was inside the cab along with her parents and Arijit. She looked at him and smiled "Thank you! You saved my life that day and showed me the right path"

Arijit smiled.. "Don't thank me Manvi.. I always wanted your happiness, now begin everything freshly without any regret" he said

Manvi agreed, he glanced at her parents who passed a mysterious smile to him.

Meanwhile, Manvi was overwhelmed as she didn't have to face any hatred and no one would question her mother's identity. She will be leading a peaceful life and a better future.

To be continued...