02

Guess I'm only human after all
I'm in a world of pain

"The prince has arrive!"

Every subjects inside the castle bowed their heads as soon as they saw the bi-colored hair prince entered the castle gates, they couldn't meet the cold gaze of the prince after hearing the news that he won the war against the foreign countries that was trying to take their lands.

The youngest among the four siblings and the third in line for the throne had lead the country's soldiers and won the 2 year war in the battlefield, winning an overwhelming victory even in the coldest winter.

"Shoto." The emperor and the empress had greeted their youngest after years of being away from home.

Shoto sighed, before he got down from his horse that carried him for miles just for him to return home. The youngest prince had no life in his eyes and he felt like he was a dead man walking. His emotions were suppressed as he walked closer to his birth parents.

He lived again. He couldn't believe it at first but he lived again, and in the world he woke up to, he became a prince of an empire built by a strong but strict emperor. He lived for almost 20 years in this current life but he had yet to find you.

Shoto Todoroki had been living three reincarnations since his deal with the being but there was no clues that you were also reincarnated or when will you be reincarnated, all Shoto did was to search every depth of the place he was born to in his three reincarnations.

After his deal with the being, he was promised that his memories will remain, and with that, it could help him find you even though he got reincarnated again. He accepted the deal but in return, you cannot remember him at all. You will have no memories of him nor anything in your past life.

Shoto knew the possibility of him not being able to meet you again in this lifetime but he still clung onto that hope of meeting you once more. He wanted to hold you, and tell you everything he kept for hundreds of years.

A love that is worth a thousand of lifetimes.

"How have you been? It's been a while, my son." Rei, Shoto's mother greeted his young prince with a warm embrace, but Shoto stood their silently and accepted the embrace without a word.

"I greet your majesties. I am grateful that you spared your time to welcome my return." Shoto solemnly spoke as he bowed his head towards his parents as a sign of respect in nobilities.

"Come on in, your brothers and sister are waiting for you at the dining hall."

Shoto was tired. He was getting tired. He had no clue on where to find you, he was starting to doubt his choices. He was scared, that what if he makes another mistake again, if so, he won't be able to recover anymore.

I will find her. Even if this takes forever.

Rei looked back at her son again and she couldn't help but ache at the sight of his cold demeanor. Shoto was not like that before, and he has change a lot. He was not the smiling son that he used to know, the empress dwelled on sadness silently as she lowers her head, she knew she was guilty of being the reason why Shoto had lost his smile.

Imagine seeing gruesome war and you expect to see a smiling person in his return?

As the trio walked down the path made out of expensive marble, In that grand entranceway, to greet the visitors, was the most monumental of chandeliers, the girth of a giant evergreen alight with electric flame. The castle was a prestigious place for the royalty to live, everything was worth a sack of gold.