Getting from the Ground Up

[Location: Azur Lane Office]

I slowly woke up and heard some classical music coming from the radio. 

Arthur: How did I get here? 

As I slowly get used to my surroundings, I noticed that I wasn't wearing my usual attire. I realized I was wearing a commander outfit when I took a look at my sleeves. 

Arthur: I don't remember my phone doing that, it must be from the darn app...

I adjusted myself and noticed a note that was placed on my desk.  It read the following: Welcome to the office, Commander Arthur. We are glad that you chose to begin your new journey here. As the commander, your job is to command these shipgirls and that's it. Send them on missions, be with them, the skies the limit. If you wish to return to the real world for any reason like retiring or something personal occurred, you may simply press the app button and follow the provided instructions. Please be gentle with them, they are not sex toys or anything. We hope you enjoy your new life as a commander.  -Azur Lane HQ

Arthur: Well this is indeed something. Where do I start? 

Since I chose Laffey as my starter ship, I decided to visit her to see how things are doing. She was sleeping peacefully after I took a peek in her dorm. Since I didn't want to disturb her, I slowly closed her dorm room door and went to do something else. I checked out the other dorms and they were a mess and a nightmare to see. The wallpaper was worn and old, the floors were tattered, and a lot of stuff was unusable. 

Arthur: Might as well kill some time while being here. 

I proceeded to clean up the dorms for a while until they were shaped the way I wanted them, nice and tidy. Since my background is mostly in keeping things organized and clean, I might as well do it anyway. 

Timeskip 

It has been almost an hour for me to clean up the dorms.  Unfortunately, I woke Laffey up in the process and she stared at me for a long time. 

Laffey: Did commander wake Laffey up? 

Arthur: Sorry to wake you up, I was in the middle of cleaning up the dorms. I'll clean yours up afterward since you were sleeping. 

Laffey: Oh ok, we can take care of the rest for you. 

Arthur: I appreciate your help but I got this on my own. Also, what do you mean we? 

Laffey: Oh, the commander hasn't seen Long Island before? 

Arthur: You mean the blue eyes girl with long brown hair and the headphones? I saw her a while ago, but maybe my head's playing tricks on me. 

Laffey: Oh I see, I'll find some papers that you need to do later on. 

Arthur: I'll get them myself, Laffey. You should get some rest if I were you. 

Laffey: Oh ok. 

Arthur: Don't worry about me. I'll help you if you need anything, just rest on the couch for now until your room is cleaned. 

Laffey yawned and slept on the couch. I can hear her snoring loudly which doesn't bother me that much. I continued to clean up the dorms until they were done remodeling. 

Timeskip in third person 

Arthur was exhausted after cleaning up the dorms. The whole dorm rooms were in pristine condition and he can never be proud of that. He saw that girl again and decided to ask her if she was Long Island. 

Arthur: Are you Long Island?