Ch. 3 Emotional Roller Coaster

Recap 👇

Even though he was scared, he was more determined to know where he was and what was going on. He decided to float out of hiding and right behind the man in green with white goggles now on his head.

The brit didn't notice Dream at first, and was about to leave, but the spirit called out to him, causing the males to quickly stumble back. "Dream?.." he asked heartbrokenly, his voice just above a whisper. The ghost in question stared back at him worriedly, not knowing why he kept repeating his nickname. A name only TmlnaHRtYXJl- A name he's only heard from someone. He began to get a headache, but it quickly dispersed.

(The drawing will be updated after the book is complete)

"A-are you ok sir?" Dream cautiously asked, wanting to get on his good side before asking the more important questions of "who am I" or "where am I?" He learned from an even younger age that adults hold power over the child. He couldn't wait to grow up.

Said man struggled to respond as he was still processing the situation, so the other guy, who had snapped out of it by then, answered instead.

"He is just having a really hard time processing our f-friends... death." He barely got out, he had realized the ghost's young appearance and quickly realized who he was dealing with. The phantom thought about it for a bit before he finally understood. "Oh... I'm... so sorry for both of your loss..." he replied looking down in shame.

How could I disturb these grieving people with such stupid questions that they probably don't even know...

"Nice going Dream, you can't give them a break even when you're dead!" A voice sounded in his head, he recognized it as- TmlnaHRtYXJl. He couldn't seem to recognize the voice. His head briefly ached.

He felt a bit shocked at first at the sudden new voice before he felt a pang of familiarity and then everything felt normal again. He decided not to question it, choosing to instead focus on one thing at a time.

"Thanks..." the man said, trying to muster up a smile. He looked back at the man on the ground, now that he had a better understanding of what was going on he knew the man was- RGVhZC4. he knew the man was just asleep. He is asleep. Asleep.

On instinct, he lifted his pale, bony hand to his soft, golden locks to unhook his mask from its place above his head. Wait, mask? When was that there? He questioningly took off the round mask from the side of his head and looked at it.

It looks exactly like the man on the floor. Oh. Oh. Oh no... "Is he..." The ghost said shocked as he looked at the man than the mask, back to the man. He tried to process it, but he felt like something blocked his mind. Why does- are we related? Is that- no... he looks so much older than me... but...

"Yes... Dream. That's you.." The british one responded, now much calmer after his earlier breakdown. The ghost's ectoplasm ran cold. He knew he was dead, he's not stupid. The idea of him dying is one that had haunted him his entire life. Especially that night. The night where his- RmF0aGVyIGtpbGxlZCBOaWdodG1hcmUu. The night where nothing went wrong.