2 | M'man

November 23, 2015

"Bella, please, I'm sorry." Clay apologized again, for about the hundredth time that day. "You know I didn't mean what I said. I don't know why I did that, Bel. I'm sorry—"

"Okay! Okay! I forgive you, for fucks sake. Just don't pull that shit again, Clay." Bella gave in, making eye contact for the first time in days.

"Of course, I missed you Bel. I'm sorry for being so shitty." Clay wrapped his arms around her in comfort and relief, the smaller girl drowning in his embrace.

"It's all good." She replied, her voice muffled as she hugged him back.

Clay mumbled, "Now, can we finally play Minecraft like you promised?"

"Yes, oh my god! I missed playing Minecraft with you. It's been a while," She responded excitedly, and they spent the rest of the night at Clay's house.

She slept over, deciding that both of them were far too tired to drive back home.

"Mornin," Clay rasped, as the brunette girl laid on his chest, barely awake, smiling slightly at him. Her hazel eyes were glossy and her arms were tangled in the bedsheets.

"Good morning," Bella whispered tiredly. "What time is it?"

"Uh," Clay mumbled, checking his phone's time. "Eleven-thirty, why?"

"Fuck-" She swore, "I promised Jayden I'd come to his house today at noon,"

"Oh," Clay muttered. "Are you sure you're gonna go? You don't have to if you don't wanna. Look, you're still tired, Bel. He's like over a year older than you, are you sure—"

"I'm going, he's gonna be upset with me if I don't." She frowned, hesitantly releasing herself from the warmth of Clay's embrace.

"Alright." The blonde teen saw how much Jayden meant to Bella, so he didn't have a choice but to agree. "You want me to drive you there?"

"That would be great. Thank you so much. Do you have a hoodie I can maybe borrow? I'm barely wearing anything." She asked. After all, she was only wearing a tank top and shorts, not thinking she was gonna be sleeping over at Clay's tonight.

"Of course, m'lady." He smiled. 

"Oh, shut up Clay." Bella bit her lip, smiling sheepishly. She jokingly shoved his shoulder, the grin on his face sending her in a spiral. 

He threw her a really oversized red hoodie, that for sure couldn't go any higher than her knees. 

"Thanks, um, what's m'lady for men? m'man?" 

"Don't worry about it," Clay chuckled. "Do you want anything for breakfast before you meet up with him?" 

"No, I'm alright." She smiled, combing through her messy hair. 

"Hi." Clay murmured softly, keeping his head low as he greeted his friend's boyfriend, who was standing in front of his car, in the driveway of his own home.

"Hello, Clay." The black-haired boy greeted him back, his tone was nearly spiteful. "What brings you here?

"I was just driving Bella here." He smiled back. Though, anyone could tell it was insincere. Bella cleared her throat, cutting the thick tension.

"Yeah, um, thank you, Clay. You can go now." 

"A-alright. Bye." He turned to her, nodding hesitantly as he went back into his car and drove away. 

"Why weren't you answering my texts last night?"

"Oh- my phone died. I was at Clay's—"

"You were cheating on me, weren't you?" He took a step closer to her, Bella winced and couldn't dare to look up at him in the eye. "Were you, or were you not cheating on me with that little scumbag?" 

"N-no, I would never. We were just hanging out at his house." Bella stammered. 

"What were you doing at his house? Making out behind my back?" Jayden rasped. 

"What? No, we were literally playing fucking Minecraft!" The older boy let out a small snicker. "Then I slept over cause we didn't wanna have to drive back home."

He scoffed. "What even is he to you? The whole school thinks you're dating him, and not me." 

"We're family friends. We've been friends since we were kids, Jayd, I could never see him as anything more than that."

"Yeah, right."

AUTHORS NOTE 
hey besties aha im gonna try to update everyday or if not at least every other day but don't count on it cause i'm lazy as fuck yeah