I Know What You Did Last Summer - sexual assault/bestfriends brother

By ChasingMadness24

Avery Spencer; the seventeen year old girl raped and left on the beach the summer after her junior year.

Now a senior and still recovering from the assault, the last thing Avery wants is to have her athletic brother drag one of his friends to live in their house while their parents disappear to another country for work for the next couple months.

And with the constant reality of seeing her abuser every day at school, Avery must cope with the changes on her own. What she doesn't expect is to actually find a safety net and her brothers best friend, when that involves finally being able to open up about what happened.

But with more than one person in fear what might happen if it does, Avery is thrown into a chaotic mess of wrong and right, flashbacks, wayward support groups, and finding her safe haven in the place she least expects it.
__________________________________

My thoughts:
- I feel like the author really depicted the aftermath of sexual assault and how much it can affect you, sure there was romance, but a huge chunk of this book is solely focused on sexual assault and the ways she tries to hide/cope with it
- there are times where the best friends brother trope isn't all that great, but I enjoyed the trope in this book
- I have reread this book multiple times (that's how much I liked it)

This book is a stand-alone, however this author has written many other books that you guys should check out as well!
.
.
.
.
.

:)