Christmas Day

"Mommy! Mom! Wake up... wake up!" Toni heard lightly from her son. She groaned as he sat on top of her waist over the covers. He leaned over and shook at her shoulders to try to wake her up before getting up and jumping up and down in between the space of Toni and her wife, neither of them wanting to get up. "Come on, it's Christmas morning! You guys have to get up and come downstairs with me."

"Okay, okay. Stop jumpin' please," he stopped jumping and sat in between them. "Why don't you go to the bathroom with mommy, TJ, so you guys can brush your teeth together and then we'll all go downstairs," Shelby tries to reason with the little boy.

Without responding TJ jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom down the hall to brush his teeth, more excited than Toni or Shelby have ever seen him this early in the morning.

Toni rolled over to greet her wife, "Good morning Shelby, Merry Christmas." She leaned down and placed a gentle and short kiss to her lips before the two heard TJ yelling for Toni again.

"Good mornin'," Shelby replied as the two climbed out of bed.

They got us as quickly as possible, not wanting to listen to the complaints of their son. Toni went to the bathroom to help TJ with brushing his teeth as she also brushed hers like they did every morning. Shelby got changed into some Christmas themed pajamas then grabbed the matching pajamas she had gotten for Toni before making her way to the bathroom to switch roles with Toni and as she turned to go into the bathroom TJ came running out.

"Slow down, bubba, I don't need you falling," Toni shouted after him, exiting the bathroom to make sure he gets downstairs safely.

Shelby laughed as she handed the pajamas to Toni who rolled her eyes at the sight, but took them and changed quickly anyway, knowing it would make Shelby happy. When the three were finally done with their morning routines they made their way downstairs to the living room to start the packed day they had planned ahead of them.

It was only a little while past 9:30 and planned for everyone to come over at 2, so for now they planned on opening gifts together, then they would eat breakfast and depending on the time they were going to stop by the Blackburns residence because Mrs. Blackburn wanted to see TJ for a little while.

Shelby made her way to the living room with Toni and TJ and when Toni sat down on the couch TJ climbed on top of her and sat in her lap which made Shelby practically melt at the sight of, and when Toni wrapped her arms around him and placed a soft kiss to his forehead Shelby thought about how lucky she is.

"Alright TJ, are you ready to open up some presents?" Toni asked him.

He nodded his head quickly and jumped off of Toni's lap and ran across the room to where the Christmas tree stood with presents for the three of them as well as everyone else's gifts. He requested all of his presents be wrapped in purple wrapping paper so it would be easier for him to find his gifts and although it made Toni and Shelby laugh they agreed so TJ sat in front of the tree and started to make a pile of his purple gifts and the two let him take the wheel on this one.

Once he finished pulling out all of his gifts he started to give Toni her gifts, which were all wrapped in red and Shelby hers, which were all wrapped in yellow. TJ's words himself were, "If mine are wrapped in one color yours should be too so we can all match" and they couldn't tell him no. When he was done handing them out he waited patiently for them to tell him he could open them, seeing he didn't want to be impolite- the last time he didn't listen Shelby used his full name and he didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

Shelby took her gifts and placed them on the recliner closest to the tree while Toni left hers on the coffee table where TJ was giving them to her. They would each go around and open one present at the same time before opening them at the same time. TJ, of course, chose the biggest box that he had in his pile which Toni has to help him move in the first place.