The Boy I Once Knew: Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

I went back home and changed into a nice jean skirt and floral tank top. I decided to go and have breakfast at Lily's Cafe. When I got inside, someone already sat at my usual booth. It was Matt. "Oh, hey Matt! I see you go here often." Matt smiled his signiture bright smile and motioned for me to sit down. As I saw down beside him, he ordered us what we had last time, green tea and hazelnut coffee. Matt smiled at me. "Good morning, Holly. How are you?" I smiled. "Better than the last time you saw me, that's for sure, but my friend is having some problems." Matt frowned. "Yuck. Those just suck, don't they? What's the matter?" I decided to not tell Blake's dirty laundry. "Nothing. Just in a bad mood, that's all." Matt seemed to get the message that I didn't want to tell him so he quickly changed the subject. "So, what street do you live on?" I pointed my finger to my right. "Over on Harper Street. It's where those really small houses are. How about you?" Matt took a small sip of his coffee. "Oak Street. They are farther up the hills." I was amazed. Oak Street was the street with all of the really big, almost mansion like, houses. "Are you rich?" I asked him, laughing. Matt chuckled. "My parents are. They own some business. I honestly have no idea what they really do." I chuckled at his answer. Matt's face suddenly turned serious. "My parents aren't really around sometimes. Their business is making them really busy. The majority of the time, I have to take care of my younger brother and sister. Thankfully, they are both 12 years old. If they were any younger, I think I would have a panic attack," he laughed, taking another sip of his coffee. I was so into our conversation I almost forgot about my tea. Matt laughed as I remembered about it. I decided to ask more questions about him. "So, do how old are you, when is your birthday, and what is your natural hair color?" Matt raised a brow and smiled. "Am I in an interrogation room all of a sudden?" I nodded and took a sip of my tea. Matt laughed. "Well I'm 17, turning 18 on March 12, and my natural hair colour is brown." I eyed his mainly blonde hair. Matt seemed to notice and laughed. "Hey, dyeing your hair blonde was really popular when I was in middle school!" I laughed and took a sip of my tea, just when someone walked into the cafe. "Holly? What are you doing here?"