The Boy I Once Knew: Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

"Holly? Holly Parker?" Blake was soaking wet, presumably from being pushed into the water. I nodded. "Yes, it's me. Wow... How you've been?" One of Blake's friends whispered into his ear but Blake shooed him off. "I have been fine... I guess. This is Michelle Wilk.... My girlfriend." He put his arm around the waist of a girl. She was obviously the typical pretty girl. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, tan skin. I suddenly felt a pang of jealousy even though I knew there was no way I could like Blake. I could tell Michelle was uncomfortable, probably thinking I was an ex of Blake. I extended my hand out to her. "Hello, nice to meet you." Michelle shook my hand and shook it lightly. "Likewise." As she took her hand back, I looked into Blake's eyes, trying to see what he was thinking. He looked very awkward and his eyes darted from me to his friends. I looked at his friends. There were 2 more boys and another girl. I decided to break the silence. "So... Are you going to introduce me or am I going to have to do it myself?" I joked, but no one was laughing. Everyone either looked confused or felt like I was intruding their fun. Blake shook his head, as if he just came out of a daydream. "Oh yeah, this is Riley Anderson." A tall blonde guy gave me a nod as a greeting. "This is David Sullivan." A tall, muscular, guy with black, spiky hair waved at me. "Hey... I'm also single, you know." He gave me a wink and a sly smile. Ew, gross. I mean, he looked really cute but flirty guys were huge turn offs to me. Blake rolled his eyes and smacked him on the back of the head lightly. David's hands flew up. "Hey, what did I do? I was just having fun." Blake rolled his eyes again and introduced the last girl. "This is Aly Graham. She's Riley's girlfriend." Aly was also extraordinarily beautiful. She had long, red hair and piercing green eyes. She looked like a really beautiful villain. Aly smiled at me but no other action was made. Blake smiled. "So yeah... You've met my friends! Maybe we can hang out." Suddenly, I heard a voice. "Yeah, like now!" Before I could see who said that, I was thrown into the water.