𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

CHAPTER TEN,
represcussions

❝ you do not tell anyone you were involved  ❞

you do not tell anyone you were involved 

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

EVANORA AWOKE to see Lena worriedly shaking her awake as her brows knit together over the interaction. Feeling her head pulsating over the strike from the godseye mirror, her sight adjusted to see the object in question. Mouth gaped she straightened at the shattered glass and looked to the two sorcerers for an explanation. "Are you alright?"

"Are you, what's happened?"

Loki had picked up the piece of the glass still emanating the last of the green from his own magic before turning over to her. Before he could explain what had happened, the doors of the vault burst open revealing a large group of Einherjar coming to investigate the sound. The trained soldiers straightened at the sight of the three along with the broken relic to whisper among themselves.

Not knowing what to do, Evanora took the hands Loki and Lena offered to bring her to her feet to notice her father coming down in a determined fury. Recognizing the look he gave to a soldier that had fallen on slack this time it was directed towards her. "You should know better, Evanora."

"But." Before she could say anything her father did not hesitate to pick her up from the ground carrying her like a child away from the scene. "Wait, no, it was an accident." She looked up to her friends being surrounded by the rest of the guards as she balled her fists to get away from his grasp.

"An accident I will not have you involved in. I'm informing the all-father of their mistake."

"They didn't mean to! Let me just tell you what happened." Shutting the doors behind them, with enough distance passed from where they'd left the vault Harokin placed her with a firm hand still. He looked to her sternly but Evanora ignored this to use the chance to explain what had happened. "Nothing was supposed to happen, the mirror wasn't supposed to break. Loki was only worried of what— what Odin had possibly seen."

Ignoring her words Harokin took care to look behind her to ensure she avoided the scene in time. Seeing the individual in question arriving to the vault alongside his other son and Karnilla was when he turned back to her pleading to him. "You do not tell anyone you were involved. You did not speak to the prince and you certainly did not know Lena may have helped with this. All you know is after the feast you left to the family quarters, is that clear?"

Feeling as if she was ignored, Evanora prepared to speak again before shrinking at his tone. "Do not be foolish now, I will not have you face any possible repercussions. Just do as you are told!" She teared up as her father kissed her forehead before joining the others. Placing his helmet he tilted her head up in an attempt to lift her spirits. "Your mother is waiting for you."