twenty three

Actually, as you know, I'm gonna find you again.

Smirking mischievously, Kevin had his eyes on Seojin who is tied up on the same tree where he once tied up her brother.

"I knew you were about to do such things after talking to me on that day," Seojin spats at Kevin, eyes never leaving his.

"Why are you even wandering outside all alone," Kevin huffed.

Rolling her eyes on Kevin, Seojin remained silent as she avoided his gaze on her.

"What am I supposed to do with you?" Kevin asked, walking closer towards her until their faces are only inches apart.

She met his orbs again, only to see darkness.

"I don't need you anymore, Seojin," Kevin whispered as he rested his forehead on her own. "Do you think that I am still after you? Why would I even chase you for nothing?"

He tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear as his lips formed into a sinister smile.

"The guys," Kevin briefly spoke. "They are the ones that I needed. They fucking betrayed me."

"No one betrayed you, Kevin," Seojin spats at him. "You were the one who betrayed them for being like this."

Kevin gripped her jaw tightly as he looked deeply into her eyes.

"I became like this because of you, so don't fucking blame me."

"No," she insisted. "It is your own decision to be like this."

"You broke up with me just because you don't feel any more love during our relationship," Kevin quietly tells her, a hand still gripping on her jaw. "I lied to the guys, saying that we broke up in good terms."

It went silent for a while, but Kevin started to sob quietly.

"For seven fucking years, I gave you more than enough. You just turned it all into a waste and made me regret everything that I did for you."

Kevin waited for her to say a word, but she didn't. That made him chuckle as he took his hands off of her, but he kept the close distance between them.

He wiped off the tears that trickled down his face, a smirk forming on his lips once again.

"I loved you and I trusted you," he breathed out. "But that was before. I just want you dead right now."

Without any hesitation, Kevin took a container of a gasoline that is rested beside the tree where Seojin is currently tied up.

"Kevin! Stop it right now!" Seojin screamed as the boy started to soak her with the gasoline.

"Why the fuck would I stop?"

Kevin only laughed off her screams as he proceeded to empty the container of gasoline, finishing it as he soaked the bark of the tree. He then threw the empty container to the side with his eyes fixed on her.

"One last thing to do," he spoke, taking out a lighter from the pocket of his jeans. He waved the lighter for a bit before putting the flame on.

"Are you seriously going to kill me?" Seojin asked, almost begging for Kevin to stop.

Letting out a sinister laugh, Kevin slowly shook his head because of her question towards him.

"If I can kill my own friends, then I can kill you too."

Those were the last words that he said as he threw the flaming lighter towards her feet. It only took a second to lit up the bark of the three, including Seojin.

Kevin's orbs were shining as he watched her burning in front of him. Her desperate screams did not bother him, it satisfied him instead.

He felt freedom at some point, but he doesn't know why.

Kevin did not wait for the flames to vanish as the tree and her body are still burning. He walked out of the place with a smug look all over his face.