Chapter I: Goodbye Paradise

Fort Salta

3rd Person View

Eren Jaeger's Founding Titan was decimated. Turned to dust by the Colossus Titan's transformation. The explosion formed a crater, from which emerged Armin inside the Colossus titan. Not far away, Reiner struggled to get up from the ground. Maybe the explosion did not kill him, but it weakened him greatly, draining the last of his strength. Its armor had cracks throughout its entire body and spears and arrows had pierced and stuck from head to toe.

In the fort, the alliance, eldians and marleyans were gazing upon the scenery before them. They observed as the skeleton of that "Devil" continued emitting smoke, meaning it was disintegrating.

"We may have our regrets. But we did it. We stopped the rumbling. We....did the right thing. Right ?" Connie exclaimed and Jean wondered if Eren really was gone. Mikasa groaned in pain from a sudden headache as she remembered that day.

One of the worst days of her life. The day the person she dedicated her life to protect, the person she saw as her last remaining family.....told her that he had always despised and hated her.

He.......He called her a pathetic slave.

She could remember everything, every word he said to her that day. Even though Armin protested that it was but an act to push them away, she didn't believe him.

She remembered the way he looked her in the eye, the pure hatred and despisement his eyes reflected. But the next words that spilled from his lips hurt her even more than a gunshot to the heart. The memory was burned in her head, stuck like a leech.

"An Ackerman with its power tends to get sudden headaches often" The voice inside her head said. "No......Please" Mikasa begged but to no avail "Just a slave with no free will. I have.....Always......Hated you" The voice finished.

The combination of pain and sadness was true suffering for Mikasa. "This, can't be....the last thing I heard....No way." Mikasa mattered to herself, now on the verge of tears.

Meanwhile Falco removed himself from his Titan and along with Gabi and Pieck they reunited with their Families. Parents and children embraced each other, crying tears of relief, believing it was over. Annie was searching for her father.

As Armin and Reiner were making their way over to the fort, a blast occurred behind them. But it sounded.....familiar. Armin and Reiner turned around in terror as they saw the source of the blast. "Heh, I knew that wouldn't kill you.......Eren." Jean commented.

Rising from the ashes, emerged a 60 meter tall Colossus Titan. The titan had black long hair and emerald eyes. No other titan had those eyes. It was.....Eren Jaeger, no question.

As the alliance tried to figure out a way to deal with the new threat, the enormous centipede-like creature emitted smoke which slowly surrounded the entire fort. The fact that it did not smell like a dying titan confused everyone and everyone was trying to figure out the purpose of its action. "H-Hey, isn't this the same as.......Ragako village ?" Connie exclaimed with a feeling of horror coursing throughout his body which made its way to the others as well. "Mikasa ! Pieck ! Get on Falco ! We're getting out of here !" Levi ordered. He continued "Only those with the power of the Titans and Ackermans aren't affected by this ! Now Hurry !". Pieck couldn't move, she couldn't speak, she couldn't do anything, she didn't want to leave. She just found her father again, her only family, she didn't want to leave him again. Mikasa dragged the black haired girl to the jaws titan, she tried to fight back but to no avail, soon enough the flying titan took off with heavy heart.

Jean and Connie gazed upon their friends leaving them to their fates. They hugged each other by the shoulders. "So......this is the end....for us.....they're leaving it to us" Connie said "That's the scouts way" Jean added. Do you remember Jean ? During our graduation ?" Connie asked. Jean turned to him and replied "Yeah". "We ended up saving the world......because of you" Connie finished with tears in his eyes.

Many rapid blasts of light occurred throughout the fort, and hundreds of pure titans were spawned.

Levi, Mikasa, Pieck, Reiner and Armin stared at the painful sight before them with eyes widened and jaws dropped. The army of mindless titans run and jumped, one by one from the fort and alongside the centipede charged against the Armored titan. "That Bastard ! Summoned an army ! No way ! You're not getting past me !" Reiner yelled, determined to fight to the last breath. However upon realizing that the titans in the front lines looked familiar, he froze. "Connie.....Jean, Gabi.......No, Mom" Reiner muttered to himself, tears in the corners of his eyes. Pieck and Annie joined him in their titan forms. Their faces full of sadness, horror and regret. At that terrible moment Reiner realized that the world would be a better if he never existed at all. He regretted having forced Annie and Bertholdt to continue the mission back then. If he didn't then they would have seen their families again but his selfishness blinded his judgement.

"Why.....why did things have to end up this way ?" Reiner whispered, his voice broken and his tears leaving his eyes before being overwhelmed by the combined strength of the pure titans. Armin was fighting Eren in their Colossus Titan forms but was quickly overpowered due to Eren's superior fighting skills.

Mikasa and Levi headed towards the hostile Colossus titan. Mikasa groaned in pain yet again from another headache. "Mikasa ! Get yourself together ! We're the only ones who can end this !" Levi shouted. Down at the ground, Reiner, Pieck and Annie were being ripped to pieces by the endless hordes of monsters. It wouldn't be long before their imminent demise. Armin got hit in the head by one of Eren's hardened blows, making him feel dizzy from head trauma.

Only when all the odds seemed against them, Mikasa gained the determination to do what had to be done. She grabbed her scarf and wrapped it around her neck just as Eren did, so long ago. "Eren, he's inside the mouth. I'll kill him ! Help me get to him !" Mikasa exclaimed as she pulled out her sword. That statement shocked Levi as he couldn't believe Mikasa of all people would have the will to take the life of their closest friend and family.

Gathering all the strength they had left, Falco, Armin, Levi, and Mikasa launched a combined charge and managed to get Mikasa inside the mouth. Mikasa stared at her old friend, his head still connected to the centipede. Without hesitation she ran towards him drawing her sword. A small grin appeared on Eren's face. The voice spoke again " That's it Mikasa, come to me. Give it everything you've got, don't hold back. Finish me, kill me, End me, like the slave that you are !" the voice finished and Mikasa severed Eren's head. Heartbroken, Mikasa picked up Eren's head and kissed him.

Her eyes widened as she realized what she had just done. Overwhelmed by shock she dropped on her knees and stared at Eren, his eyes with no sparkle and dead, all the life was gone from him. Tears began to roll down her cheeks and drop on the ground "NO.......Eren.......I'm......I'm sorry......I.......why.....why did you have to end up like this ?! Why must everyone I care about be taken from me ?! Why ?!" She screamed on top of her lungs, her voice breaking in each word. She heard footsteps from behind her, when she turned around, she came face to face with Ymir Fritz, the founder. She was.....smilling, like she achieved something, a satisfying smirk of victory.

But before she could even open her mouth to speak, a blue light appeared before them, before expanding into a flash of light which nearly blinded Mikasa who held her hands in front of her face in a defensive position to protect herself. When she opened her eyes, the girl before her had an expression of horror and despair. But....she wasn't looking at her. She was looking at something behind Mikasa. When she turned around she shared the same expression in her face. Eren's head..........was gone.