Chapter 2- School

During Kate's final block, she was caught in a reverie about how the cross country meet would turn out as Mark slowly approached to her and said, "Hey! You ready for the meet? Mr.B told me to tell you that we have to meet in the gym with all our stuff and change in the locker rooms."
"I'll just go get my stuff." Kate replied right before the bell rang. " I'll see you there." Kate headed to her locker picking up her Nike Sports bag and Gatorade Sports bottle filled with ice cold water. She headed to the gym fantasising over Marks new haircut. You most likely don't know, that Kate has known Mark all her life however can't tell him the way she feels. She doesn't even show it. Her shyness overcame her personality and the way she feels about him. Haven't you had that feeling too? The feeling of butterflies in your stomach when you see him/her. The feeling of insecurity and self-deprecating, that he/she doesn't feel the same way about you. Well, thats what Kate Palmer is thinking as she daydreams and walks toward the gymnasium. Kate arrives at the gym and goes inside the locker room that says:GIRLS. Kate approaches her gym locker and put in her combination. She take outs her gym clothes and puts them off to the side of her and sticks her hand in the bowels of her Nike Sports bag flummoxed as to where her socks could be.