Prolouge

Kate Palmer is not one of your everyday girls. She is the most amazing girl you will probably ever read about! Kate always helps out others, is very humble, caring and trustworthy. She has hazel brown eyes that match her flawless complexion. Kate's long silky black hair glistens in the moonlight. And her tiny cute little freckles above her cheeks make her look so innocent. She is only a Sophomore and still, is the best female runner on her cross country team. Of course Kate isn't prideful or boastful! She always tells others that compliment her,"Thanks but I am not that good. I'm just okay and I'm not really the best runner ever." However, everyone knows she is the best of the best, girl runners. But, Mark Williams is the best of the best for the young men! Mark Williams is an athlete, a gentlemen, a jokester and a heck of a cutie (in Kate's opinion). His short dirty blonde hair rustles through the wind. His bright blue diamond eyes shine against the sparkling Sun. He is the special dream guy for Kate. He inspires her, she looks up to him and he looks up to her. They have been the best of friends and they hardly ever fight.
Kate has never ran a race without her lucky socks. She has started running ever since she was 3 years old. She started running competitively in her Middle School years. Kate won a 1st place medal for the fastest 100 meter racer and a 1st place medal for the fastest female to run 3 miles. That is how her lucky socks were born! Of course she doesn't believe that you can't wash your lucky socks because you'll drain the luck out of them! she always care about her hygiene and is aware of how gross foot fungus is. However she always wears them to her meets and always makes it up into the top 5 racers. But, what happens when Kate's lucky socks disappear? Can she still do this race without them?