ANB 2

These are all but a momentary illusion
-Author

"This has to be some sort of a joke."

Of course, it was the most suitable reaction for an oblivious writer who lived in a far reach of the city. The woman could be seen phasing back and forth as her hands kept supporting her head. Trying her absolute best to keep her sanity at its balance.

Olivia spun her head towards Lucas. "... shouldn't have been straightforward I guess?"

"How else could we have told her?"

She shook her head lightly as she received the man's answer. The young woman with her exotic skin approached the stressed out author, gesturing both hands to signal her to calm down. "Helen--"

"My name is Lily Elainore!" she quickly cut her off. "Don't call me by that name!"

"We understand your mistrust.. and your--objection. But we're not making this up," Olivia explained.

"Take your time, Helena. I'm sure you need all of your energy for that."

The name mentioned clearly brought up her irritation. Explanations should've made an opening to her mind, yet, those memories never came back. She was just a woman born in Berlin, who liked to write as a getaway from the sorrow she had.

A life filled with gruesome deaths of assassination? What even is the preposterous idea that the two strangers had given her? She was hesitating, let alone giving in to the idealism of her being a very powerful killer. Not to mention an unstoppable one.

Lucas rested his elbows on the table, tangled his fingers as his eyes were sincere as the first time they met. "Fetch the antidote, Olivia."

She realized how Olivia looked startled. Seems like the young woman was shocked to hear what came out of her partner's mouth. "Are you serious? You want to spoil--"

"Olivia.."

The man gave her a look, enough to provoke any retaliation of her disapproval. No more than a matter of seconds, Olivia sighed under her breath. "Fine.."

She sat across him before she pulled up a briefcase under the table. Unlocking the container, only to expose two tubes filled with some unknown substance. On each side, there was a needle accompanying the tubes.

As if Lily's subconsciousness whispered through her head, something told her to sit on her recent chair. She scanned the tubes with her lively forest orbs, only to make them dilated. "One shot of this, and you'll get your memories back," Olivia said.

"How do I know this isn't some sort of trick?"

Lily's accusation was fairly unbothered. Her paranoia was expected, just as Lucas guessed. However, she had every rights to feel the such things. The man gestured his head and said, "As I stated before.. your decision isn't consequential for me, Helena."

Her heart skipped an odd beat by the call. Something rung a bell, yet, it was still far from her reach still. The name was indeed familiar, and it was pulling something under her sleeve which she had no intention to discover.

Am I.. scared?

The question was a lingering riddle, with no precision answer. She believed nothing from whatever statement Lucas had said. If possible, she could just take the juice with no hesitation. Despite her beliefs, she thought of a different outcome.

Nonetheless, covering her doubts endlessly won't solve anything. She inhaled a deep breath before she nodded in agreement. "Very well.."

Olivia reached for one of the long tubes before attaching a needle on its edge. Lily let her hands folded the fabric of her high collar of her t neck, letting the bare surface of her throat be exposed to the open. It was something she hadn't anticipated, but there was no going back. She, too, curious of what may came back from her long lost memory. Something a little bit better than her current life.