2:00

Ara's POV

I just finished eating lunch when Mr. Kim called me through the intercom. I fixed my table first before going inside his office.

As I entered he was fixing his coat and tie.

"You should fix your things, you will come with me" he ordered.

"Yes, Sir" I was supposed to leave but he halted me.

"I told you just call me Jonghyun and I will call you Ara." he reminded me

"Yes, Jonghyun." I turned around since it was so awkward and left his office.

As we were walking towards his parked car, I noticed his furrowed eyebrows. Since there was an awkward silence surrounding us, I decided to initiate a conversation.

"Jonghyun, Can I ask you something?" I started.

He looked at me and raised his eyebrows, signaling me to ask away.

"Where are we going? And why do I have to tag along?"

"We are going to go to visit my friend," he said to me in a low voice. "In the hospital," he continued.

I zipped my mouth shut and didn't utter a word until we reached the hospital.

"Where is Kang Dongho's room?" Jonghyun asked the nurse from the nurse's station.

"He is staying in room 315. It is located on the 3rd floor." the nurse smiled and pointed the way to the elevator.

We rode the elevator, no one still dared to break the silence surrounding us. When we arrived on the 3rd floor we looked for his friends' room

"Dongho, You okay?" Jonghyun asked as we entered his friends' room.

As I entered the room, I saw a man laying on his bed with a cast on his left arm and left leg. He also has bruises and cuts on his arms and some parts of his face.

"I feel like I'm in hell but I am living through it." he smiled then turned his gaze on me.

"Yoon Ara?!" he shouted as if he saw a ghost.

"Uhm, hi?" I waved my hand and went to his side.

"What happened to you?" I asked concerned as I touched his bruised face.

"Ouch! I just got into an accident. Can you please stop touching my face?!" he asked annoyed.

"Hihihi sorry. Another car accident?" I asked him then he nodded shyly. "Is your Galloper okay? If he's broken again I'm gonna smash your head."

"My Galloper is fine! He just had a few scratches here and there." we laughed together and then it turned silent. I was checking his condition when Jonghyun spoke.

"So, you guys know each other?"

"Yes, Sir/ Yes we know each other," we said in unison.

"Obviously." I heard Dongho whisper. I looked at him and almost hit him but I remembered he was injured.

"We were childhood friends!" I said.

"Best Friends. We were childhood best friends!" he corrected me.

***

"Who are you

To make me struggle this much?

I really don't know"

Choi Mingi (Ren), A Scene Without You

***