6:00

Ara's POV

I'm okay.

Well, I am convincing myself for the last 2 hours that I am perfectly fine. But I guess I'm not.

After the scene that happened earlier, they entered his office and after 2 hours they haven't finished talking yet. I am contemplating whether I should knock or should I just shut up. Various thoughts are popping up in my mind and it's killing me.

Like, he just confessed to me last night and the day after a girl showed up in his office and called him babe?! But, I do not have a say in this right? I have no right to have these thoughts because I'm not his in the first place.

While I am in my train of thoughts, I suddenly hit my leg, my calf to be specific, on the edge of my desk. Then I jumped from my seat when the door of Mr. Kim's office opened.

She was holding his arm while smiling. I suddenly felt jealous. She got grace, beauty, and wealth. I only have my brains with me but anyhow, I felt so little.

I bowed to show them respect.

"Hi! You must be Jonghyun's Secretary? Right?" she raised her left eyebrow. Ugh, I hate those kinds of mannerisms. I nodded as a response. "I'm Khala, Jonghyun's girlfriend," emphasizing the last two words. I smiled at her, but I can feel my heart clench. It pains me. Do I like my boss? Oh my!

No.

Never.

I then took a glance at Mr. Kim, he was looking lovely at Khala. Like nothing happened last night. I sighed. "Do you need anything? Coffee? Hot Choco-" I stopped talking when Mr. Kim looked at me.

"We will eat outside. If there are visitors, just tell them I went out," he said and led Khala to the elevator. I sighed again.

I rested my head on the table and dozed off.

I woke up with the feeling of someone staring at me. I opened my eyes, in front of me is Mr. Kim. I immediately fixed myself. "Do you need anything-" he cut me off.

"Do you need anything?" he fired back.

I shook my head. I do not need anything. I stared at his eyes. They are very pretty. I sighed and took a glance at the clock. 5:42. I slept the whole day?!

"I do not need anything, It's already past work time," I smiled and fixed my things. "I will go home now," I stood up but suddenly fell back on my chair. I felt dizzy.

He suddenly rushed to my side. "You okay?" he asked. I nodded. He then checked my temperature with the back of his hand touching my forehead. "You're burning!" He explained then fixed my bag.

"I can fix my things, Mr. Kim" I tried to fix my things but he didn't let me.

"Let's go. I'll bring you to the hospital," he grabbed my things and carried me bridal style. I looked at him in fear.

"Please not the hospital, just go straight to my house," I told him as we boarded the lift.

"No! We will go to the hospital!"

"Just drive me to my house! I will call a doctor to my house, please?" I pleaded. He sighed in defeat and he sent me home.

I don't want to go back to the hospital.

***

"Every night, I spend drinking,

Crying because of you

Only my pathetic self has remained"

Kang Dongho (Baekho), A Scene Without You

***

please vote, comment, and/or share the story! hihi. It helps me continue this story and motivates me to write. anyhow, stay safe and healthy! luv u all!! <33