Chapter 2: Party time!

I woke up with sweat dripping down on the side of my face. My hands were trembling. I heard the doorknob turn, all panicked I stood up and searched for something to defend myself. First thing I found was a figurine of a porcelain Ballerina. I crouch down and wait for the door to open. My heart pounding like a jack hammer. I try to convince myself that when the intruder walks in I jump up and attack, No Mercy! The door swings open, I jump up and scream at the top of my lungs while holding the figurine in the air.

"GRACIE!!!" My dad yells while my mom screams.

I halted to a stop, really relieved but super embarrassed. I knew my parents were coming home today. UGH, i feel so stupid! "I am so sorry!" I repeat over and over again while pressing the figurine to my chest.

"What is wrong with you young lady?!?!?" My dad was not happy, i felt a week of grounding coming up.

"I had taken a nap and had this insane dream and it really freaked me out, so when i heard the doorknob moving i panicked and jumped to conclusions." My heart had slowed down its pace a bit.

"Could you please put down that figurine, its a very important family heirloom." My mom says as she gestures me to slowly put it down, like I'm a child or something. I put it down and head to my room.

"Oh and don't forget, you are grounded for a week!" My dad yells after me.

"Yeah Yeah! I know." I raise my hand and move it back and forth.

I slam the door and drop myself on my bed. Grab my phone and check my messages. I got some texts about a party tonight at this guys place. It sounds interesting. I decide to text my best friend Hannah about the party and considered sneaking out.

"Hey hey girl! You busy?" I wait for it to send and just stare at my phone for a reply. After 5 minutes my phone rings.

"Hey Gracie Not at all, having quite a chill day why?"

"I got some invites to a party down by a beach house, i thought it would be fun to go check it out. I would just have to sneak out."

"What party? I didn't get an invite! And also why would you have to sneak out?"

"I got grounded, long story. So what do you say, lets go?"

As I wait for another reply I try to imagine what outfit I could wear. So many options.

"Yes, lets go What time?"

I quickly check the messages about the party to check the time. It starts at 7:00.

"Starts at 7:00... maybe leave here at 7 so we aren't the first there?"

"Sounds good to me, I will pick you up at 7. See you!"

"See you!"

I start to get butterflies in my stomach. I overhear how my parents are talking about me in the kitchen, as in what to do with me, where they went wrong. I continue to ignore them.

The time was going quite slow, I decided to take a hot bubble bath and relax. I filled the tub and stepped in the tub, I slowly started to lay down and then rested my head on the back of the tub. I turned on the bluetooth speaker on and played a relaxing playlist on Spotify. I could feel how my nerves just all started to relax. What felt like minutes was actually hours, I got out of the tub once i realized what time it was, 6:40. Hannah would be here soon. The towel wasn't drying my off the way I wanted it to, I was in too much of a hurry. With the towel wrapped around my chest I ran to my room. Took random clothes out of my closet and threw them on, they were quite cute! Brushed my hair into a high ponytail and put on my cutest hoop earrings. I saw the headlights of Hannahs car over the street. Silently I opened the window and swiftly climbed out. I climbed into Hannahs car with excitement and started looking for the location on Google Maps.

"LET'S GO PARTY!!!!" I yell as I do a little dance.

We scream with excitement as Hannah starts to drive.

"Ok so, we need to put on a badass song so that we arrive all cool, ya know?" I scroll through my songs. I couldn't find anything.

"Screw it, I'll just put a party playlist on shuffle."

We get closer to our destination, we hear music playing and blocks filled with parked cars.

"Your destination is on the right" Google maps says as we arrive at our destination.

We find a parking spot quite close to the house.

"LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S GO!!!" Without hesitation I jump out and run towards the door. Hannah was not as energetic as I was.

I ran up to the door and knocked. Hannah was still was a few meters behind me. The door opened, but no one was inside. Music playing at full blast.

"Gracie wait!" Hannah starts to run to the door, but I didn't wait. I walked in. I turned around to look at my bestfriend.

"There is no one" The door slams shut, I am stuck inside. I grab the knob and turn it, to no success. It wouldn't budge. Hannah was banging her fists on the door from the outside.

"GRACIE!!! Open this door!

"I can't! It wont budge. Hannah! I'm scared!"

The lights start to flicker, voices start to echo.

"HHHAAANNNNNNNAAAAAAAHHHHH!"